Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

China`s Brand - Satellite Dish Receiver for TV

(Read 90099 times)
wkwmy
★★

Aug 19th, 2007 at 7:57pm  
Hi All,

I`m Jacky from Malaysia. I have this China`s Brand Satellite Dish Receiver for TV.

Currently I able to received 191 channel + FM.
Mostly is Chinese Show from China.
I believe my dish receiving from China Satellite.

The problem is, I could not receive any from Other country.

How can receive from other country like Japan, USA or others than China ?
Must I set my  latitude longitude ?

Please Help....

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2007 at 10:56pm  
If you are receiving the programmes listed here: https://www.lyngsat.com/china6b.html then you are pointed at ChinaSat 6B satellite at 115.5 deg east orbit longitude and your outdoor dish equipment is called C band (3.7 - 4.2 GHz band) with linear polarisation (V and H).

Review other satellites, looking for C band TV free to air FTA  programmes that you might want to watch with beams that cover Malaysia.  If you do consider moving, find out your pointing angles now (azimuth, elevation and polarisation) and write them down and also mark permanently on the adjusters so you can get back to the existing set up.  This is important.

Find out your angles using this latitude-longitude geocoder and dish pointing calculator:  Your can type in city names like "Kuala Lumpur" and quickly centre the map closer to your location.  Click on "Hybrid" mode or "Satellite" mode to see the view of the ground and possibly your road / house.  Thailand and Singapore have proper maps with named locations but this does not apply yet to most of Malaysia area.   Select Chinasat 6B at 115.5 east if that is the correct satellite - you must find out what satellite you are pointed at by checking that the programmes match the list.  I don't know if there are 191 channels on that satellite ?

You will need to familiarise yourself with the tuning controls on your receiver to set frequency, symbol rate etc as your receiver may have come pre-programmed to receive from a specific China TV satellite.

Best regards, Eric.

« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2007 at 11:41am by Eric Johnston »  

IP Logged

wkwmy
★★

Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2007 at 8:22am  
Eric,

1000 X

Thank you very very much for your help.
I`ll update you if I able to do it or not.

IP Logged

wkwmy
★★

Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2007 at 6:58pm  
Eric,

I'm still at a loss... Don`t know where to start....

Here is some of my information....

This is my Lat and Long
Latitude = 3.0621, Longitude = 101.6364
Lat  = 3 degrees,  3.7 minutes North
Long = 101 degress, 38.2 minutes East.

Whats next?
Where should I start if I want to receive USA Satellite ?

Eric, Sorry for the trouble. I believe you are the best person to ask..

Thanks
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2007 at 11:46pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2007 at 11:49pm  
Please list several the satellite TV programs and channel frequencies and symbol rates that you are watching now.  I need to know this to find out for certain what satelite you are pointed at now and what kind of equipment you have (C band or Ku band).

Once we know for certain what satellite and frequency band, we can start looking for other similar satellites using the same frequency band and with beams pointed at you.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

wkwmy
★★

Reply #5 - Aug 21st, 2007 at 6:13am  
Quote:
Please list several the satellite TV programs and channel frequencies and symbol rates that you are watching now.  I need to know this to find out for certain what satelite you are pointed at now and what kind of equipment you have (C band or Ku band).

Once we know for certain what satellite and frequency band, we can start looking for other similar satellites using the same frequency band and with beams pointed at you.

Best regards, Eric.

OK....

I`ll post up what even I have...Thanks

IP Logged

wkwmy
★★

Reply #6 - Aug 21st, 2007 at 6:42am  
This is how it looked like from my TV

... ... ... ... ...
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2007 at 4:16pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

wkwmy
★★

Reply #7 - Aug 21st, 2007 at 7:09am  
Here is some of the TV CHANNELS that i`m receving...

Henan TV
Fujian 1
JXTV 1
LNTV
HNSTv 1
Digital TV
Hubei 1
si chuan
GXTV
shaanxi TV1
Anhui TV1
JSSES
JLTV
CCTV1
ShanDong TV
Tianjin TV
Beijing TV
ShXiTV 1
CETV - 1
CCTV4
CCTV9
CCTV E&F
Feed
726 Ph`x Info
743 Phoenix C
Xing Kon
747 Channel V
SUNTV ch1
CETV 1
Arirang TV
i - Horizon
Azio_TV_1
Now Tv
Channel G
Living Asia
DW TV
LNTV
AVtkhyber

and soo on.....

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #8 - Aug 21st, 2007 at 4:41pm  
Thanks for the pictures.  They totalled 23.5 Mbytes so I have compressed them down to about 220 kbytes total which I hope will make them quicker for people to see.

Considering the list of programmes my guess is that you are pointed at AsiaSat 3S at 105.5 deg east.  This is a C and Ku band satellite.  If you have a C band LNB it is likely that its local oscillator frequency is 5.15 GHz.  What size is your dish ?  What does the label on the LNB say about local oscillator frequency ?

If you look at your screen display I can see you have set the LNB local oscillator frequency as 11.3 GHz.  Is this correct ?  That would correspond to a Ku band LNB with a special high LO frequency.  See here for more explanation https://www.satsig.net/lnb/explanation-description-lnb.htm

I suspect that carrier is really at 4083 MHz.

calculation now:
12367 - 11300 = 1067 MHz (L band freq in the cable, works OK)

correct calculation (perhaps):
-4083 + 5150 = 1067 MHz (L band freq in the cable, should work OK, same picture as above)

With the LNB LO set correct, the displayed carrier frequncies should match up with  https://www.lyngsat.com/asia3s.html
and https://www.findersat.com/searchresult.php?ID=1055&Type=ALL

Please check more of the carrier frequencies and symbol rates to confirm which satellite you are on. 

If it is Asisat 3S look carefully at the list of programmes on Asiasat 3S in case some of those there are worth watching.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

wkwmy
★★

Reply #9 - Aug 21st, 2007 at 7:54pm  
Eric,

I just wondering where you get this figure ?

-4083 + 5150 = 1067 MHz (L band freq in the cable, should work OK, same picture as above)

Let me study all links from your post and get back to you soon....

Honestly to say... you are best... Welldone

and 10000000000000000 X Thanks

Regards
Jacky Wong

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #10 - Aug 21st, 2007 at 10:03pm  
HNSTV1  Program identity text string
11300    MHz LNB local oscillator frequency
12367    MHz downlink frequency from satellite
4418     Msps symbol rate
160       Video PID
all above come from your PROGRAM INFO screen picture above. Look closely at the text/numbers displayed.

Using the above and noting that HNSTV was listed at 4083 MHz for Asiasat 3s I guessed the calculation:

12367 - 11300 = 1067

5150 - 1067 = 4083

I may still be wrong if the same HNSTV1 carrier is present on more than one satellite.  That is why you need to read out the frequency, symbol rate and name of several more carriers to check.

The 11300 MHz LNB local oscillator frequency may perhaps be altered in the system set up screen.  What does DK mean ? Have you set it up for Denmark ?

If you have C band equipment the LNB LO freq is probably 5.15 GHz.  If it is Ku band LNB then a switchable local oscillator like 9.75 / 10.6 GHz is probable.    11300 MHz is an unusual LO frequency for a satellite television installation, but I am in the UK and not in SE Asia so I don't know what is normal where you are.

Anyone else have any ideas please ?

What does it say on the label on the LNB ?

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

wkwmy
★★

Reply #11 - Aug 22nd, 2007 at 6:12am  
Dear Mr. Eric,

What does DK mean ? Have you set it up for Denmark ?  

As for your Question.... I have no ideas...Sorry...

Here you are.... as for your requested...

« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2016 at 8:21am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #12 - Aug 22nd, 2007 at 8:29am  
You will be able to receive from multiple satellites if you repoint your antenna at other satellites.  The indoor receiver has enough memory to store the TV programme details of up to 1000 TV programmes on 60 satellites.

If your antenna has a motor or motors then you will be able to repoint the antenna to different satellites using the indoor controller.  Polar mount dishes use just one motor.  Please send photos of the motor/bracket system behind the dish.

Regarding the LNB pictures you have a C band LNB.  This is intended for receiving carriers in the 3700 - 4200 MHz range.  ref: https://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?10061103716199

The dual polarisation feature means that the indoor unit may control the polarisation (either vertical or horizontal) using either 13 or 18 volts into the cable.

You need to go to the set up screen and configure the LNB to C band.  Investigate the options until you can get the Local frequency set to 5150 MHz (Not 11300 MHz).   Polarisation control is by voltage change.

You don't not have a dual band LNB.  The 22kHz tone is not required.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

wkwmy
★★

Reply #13 - Aug 22nd, 2007 at 9:07am  
This is how it looked like...

As for this Antenna, Don`t have motor behind it. I think It should adjust manually.
Can I do it Manually ?

Thats mean I just adjust my Antenna and do scanning for new channels ?

« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2016 at 11:01am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

wkwmy
★★

Reply #14 - Aug 22nd, 2007 at 10:06am  
Quote:
If your antenna has a motor or motors then you will be able to repoint the antenna to different satellites using the indoor controller.

The dual polarisation feature means that the indoor unit may control the polarisation (either vertical or horizontal) using either 13 or 18 volts into the cable.

You need to go to the set up screen and configure the LNB to C band.  Investigate the options until you can get the Local frequency set to 5150 MHz (Not 11300 MHz).   Polarisation control is by voltage change.

You don't not have a dual band LNB.  The 22kHz tone is not required.

Best regards, Eric.

As for my Original Setting on my Antenna, I already made a marking. Just now I try to adjust the dish to see if I can get other Satellite. Well, I not sure where to point at ...? So, I didn`t get any signal...

Where or how should I point at ?

As you said... go to set up screen and configure the LNB to C band.  Investigate the options until you can get the Local frequency set to 5150 MHz (Not 11300 MHz).   Polarisation control is by voltage change.

Yes, this has been done.

Now running C Band with Local Frequency set to 05150 MHz

Am I on the right track...?

Well, I guess,

I just need to play around with my Dish position and do scaning right ?

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #15 - Aug 22nd, 2007 at 10:26am  
You should now see channel frequencies displayed with frequencies like 3700 - 4200 MHz.  These will hopefully  match up with channel listing frequencies on https://www.lyngsat.com/asia3s.html assuming you repoint back to your original setting.

Try looking for AsiaSat2 satellite at 100.5 east. see https://www.lyngsat.com/asia2.html ;  Perhaps print out this list.

I think you were pointed at Asiasat 3s at 105.5 east, so to move to 100.5 east you need to tilt your dish about 7 deg to the west.

On Asiasat 2s:  Tune to Voice of America 3880 MHz Horizontal, Symbol rate 20400 Msps.

This will give you the pointing angles: latitude-longitude finder and geocoder and dish pointing calculator

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

wkwmy
★★

Reply #16 - Aug 22nd, 2007 at 11:00am  
Quote:
You should now see channel frequencies displayed with frequencies like 3700 - 4200 MHz.  These will hopefully  match up with channel listing frequencies on https://www.lyngsat.com/asia3s.html assuming you repoint back to your original setting.

Try looking for AsiaSat2 satellite at 100.5 east. see https://www.lyngsat.com/asia2.html   Perhaps print out this list.

I think you were pointed at Asiasat 3s at 105.5 east, so to move to 100.5 east you need to tilt your dish about 7 deg to the west.

On Asiasat 2s:  Tune to Voice of America 3880 MHz Horizontal, Symbol rate 20400 Msps.

This will give you the pointing angles: latitude-longitude finder and geocoder and dish pointing calculator

Best regards, Eric.

Dear Mr.Eric,

You are right, My antenna is pointing at Asiasat 3s at 105.5 east.

ok..let say...if I want to point and see USA or more on English show...

How should I moved ?

As you said try to move to 100.5 east and I need to tilt my dish about 7 deg to the west.

What or how should i messure it is 7 deg tilt ?

Below link...

https://www.satsig.net/maps/lat-long-finder.htm

I still can`t understand the needs ?

What should I find ? The use of it ?

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #17 - Aug 22nd, 2007 at 6:11pm  
While on Asiasat 3S, 105.5 east, verify you can see the HNSTV-1 program with a frequency displayed of 4083 MHz with Horizontal polarisation and 4419 symbol rate and PID=160

Now retune your receiver to a carrier on Asiasat 2, 100.5 east, for example 3880 MHz Horizontal, Symbol rate 20400 Msps.  Your picture should disappear.   Now move the dish until "Voice of America" appears.

The direction West is towards where the sun sets.

Your dish is 58 inches diameter and pointing almost straight up.   I am hoping that it rocks on a bearing line (the top of the two fixed supports) which is approx north-south.  You need to measure the height of the east edge of the dish above the ground and raise it by about 3 inches.

Good luck...at least you have marked the original position - you may have to go back there several times.

Incidentally, can you see your house here https://www.satsig.net/maps/satellite-tv-dish-pointing-south-east-asia.htm ?  If so, the line of the houses is north-south.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

wkwmy
★★

Reply #18 - Aug 22nd, 2007 at 7:57pm  
Quote:
While on Asiasat 3S, 105.5 east, verify you can see the HNSTV-1 program with a frequency displayed of 4083 MHz with Horizontal polarisation and 4419 symbol rate and PID=160

Now retune your receiver to a carrier on Asiasat 2, 100.5 east, for example 3880 MHz Horizontal, Symbol rate 20400 Msps.  Your picture should disappear.   Now move the dish until "Voice of America" appears.

The direction West is towards where the sun sets.

Your dish is 58 inches diameter and pointing almost straight up.   I am hoping that it rocks on a bearing line (the top of the two fixed supports) which is approx north-south.  You need to measure the height of the east edge of the dish above the ground and raise it by about 3 inches.

Best regards, Eric.

Thanks for your TIP.

I did retune my receiver to a carrier on Asiasat 2, 100.5 east, for example 3880 MHz Horizontal, Symbol rate 20400 Msps.  my picture already disappear.   still very hard move the dish until "Voice of America" appears.

is there easy way to do it ? Or other satellite than this one ?

I believe I`m almost there by following your steps.

Thanks

regards,

Jacky

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #19 - Aug 22nd, 2007 at 8:46pm  
Given the three point support system I agree it will be difficult to find another satellite.  The satellites are in a line up across the sky from east to west via just south of directly overhead - like along the path of the sun in the autumn on 24th September.

Ideally the two fixed support tripods should end at the top in a line which is north-south and sloping at 3.1 deg with the top of the north end tripod slightly higher.  The adjustable leg can then be used to rock the dish east and west, to point at several satellites.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #20 - Aug 22nd, 2007 at 8:59pm  
There is no need to alter the position of the LNB relative to the reflector.  It is already set at the focal point of the dish.

To repoint the dish to another satellite you need to make adjustments to the support arrangements under the dish.

If you can raise the east side of the dish by 3 inches you will tilt the entire dish about 6 deg to the west and maybe pick up Asiasat 2 at 100.5 east.  Use the adjustable leg - hopefully the other two fixed legs are in a north south line, such that the adjustable leg causes tilts in an east west direction.

If you put your location and wanted satellite into the Set Antenna screen it will probably tell you your pointing angles - same as my calculator hopefully !

One thing you have to be thankful for is that your dish is axi-symmetric.  If you put a strip of wood across the front at the steepest sloping position, the wood will be at 90 deg to the beam elevation angle.  Measure the slope of the strip of wood and your elevation angle can be determined easily.
Make yourself an inclinometer out of a big square piece of wood and draw a scale on it. Use a thread and nut as a plumb bob.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2016 at 8:22am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

wkwmy
★★

Reply #21 - Aug 22nd, 2007 at 9:09pm  
ok...Thank You very Much Mr.Eric.

I think got to sleep first.... the time here is at 3.50am.

Tomorrow I will try and do it again....

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Sep 28th, 2007 at 3:21am  
Dear Mr. Eric,

I`m Leong from Malaysia. I have this China`s Brand Satellite Dish Receiver for TV. 

Previously, I was able to receive some FTA channels (all H polarity) from AsiaSat3S satellite:

HNSTv 1
Hubei 1
si chuan
CCTV1
CETV - 1
CCTV4
CCTV9
CCTV E&F
726 Ph`x Info
743 Phoenix C
Xing Kon
747 Channel V
SUNTV ch1
CETV 1
i - Horizon
Azio_TV_1
Now Tv
Living Asia
DW TV

I cannot receive any V polarity channels.  Pls. help

I just wonder how did Jacky managed to receive so many channels.

But now, since 24 Sept, with so many channels moved to ChinaSAT6B, i am left with fewer H polarity channels.

Have tried to adding the ChinaSAT satellite but no programs.  Would appreciate if anyone out there could give me some advise.  Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2007 at 4:34am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 10:14am  
Hello all,
I am from Auckland , New Zealand. I use to receive china program from Apstar 6. now all the program have moved to Chinasat 6b. I got a 1.8m C band dish. Have anyone from Auckland receive program from Chinasat 6b or sinosat 3 with a 1.8m c band dish.

Thanks

IP Logged

wkwmy
★★

Reply #24 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 3:39am  
I guees the china`s satelic has moved it position... need to do adjustment on our dish and re-tunning....

IP Logged

wkwmy
★★

Reply #25 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 4:02am  
Latest news,

China is moving to New satelic. So, everyone got to wait till 15th Oct for the lastest update again...

Good Luck

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 6:32am  
Dear Jacky,

Just wonder how you managed to receive so many FTA channels from AsiaSAT3S previously as stated in your earlier post !

Henan TV
Fujian 1 
JXTV 1
LNTV
HNSTv 1
Digital TV
Hubei 1
si chuan
GXTV
shaanxi TV1
Anhui TV1
JSSES
JLTV
CCTV1
ShanDong TV
Tianjin TV
Beijing TV
ShXiTV 1
CETV - 1
CCTV4
CCTV9
CCTV E&F
Feed
726 Ph`x Info
743 Phoenix C
Xing Kon
747 Channel V
SUNTV ch1
CETV 1
Arirang TV
i - Horizon
Azio_TV_1
Now Tv
Channel G
Living Asia
DW TV
LNTV
AVtkhyber

Would appreciate if you could throw some light on your settings.  I believe my dish is the same as yours and my receiver is also from China.

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

wkwmy
★★

Reply #27 - Nov 2nd, 2007 at 8:52am  
Mr Eric,

As I knew that China`s Satelic already moved position....

At this moment, I only can get less than 10 channels.
What setting should i channel to get more channels ?

Thanks

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #28 - Nov 2nd, 2007 at 11:35am  
You say you can receive less than 10 channels.  You are pointed at a satellite.  Write down some of the channels and their frequencies, polarisations and symbol rates.

Compare that list with lyngsat and work out what satellite it is that you are pointed at.

If lyngsat shows more channels you want to see consider why you are not receiving them.  Some ideas for reasons may be:  

The extra channels are encrypted and you need a pay-for decoder card/receiver.

The extra channels are on the other polarisation and you only have a single polarisation system, or one of your polarisations is not working.

The extra channels are at the high frequency end of the cable L band range and you have moisture in the cable which is degrading the higher frequency carriers.

You have not set up the tuning to the extra channels.

I would be grateful if others could help here.

If anyone is receiving many channels from this "new satellite" please explain which satellite, orbit position, what channels, frequencies, polarisations  etc.  If your receiver can printout a complete listing, based on what is being observed (and not some old receiver database), you are welcome to put that data here.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

wkwmy
★★

Reply #29 - Nov 3rd, 2007 at 2:23am  
new Infor,

One of my friend facing the same problem just like mine.

My dish`s position and decoder setting still remain the same as last time.

The only channels that I could not get is from China. The rest still the same... Now mostly is only from India or Pakistan channels.

Thats mean India or Pakistan Satelic still in same Position. But China still under prograss Upgrading Satelic.
My friend told me that they are changing to Bigger satelic. Maybe got to wait till 5th or 6 th of this month....

** To all,

We should give A Big Thanks to Mr. Eric Johnston.
He is a very Kind & Helpfull person who really can Help.

THANK YOU
MR. ERIC JOHNSTON.

Regards
Jacky Wong
Malaysia

IP Logged

jimwest
★★

Reply #30 - Apr 30th, 2008 at 5:24am  
Hi guys,

i'm jim from Malaysia too. This is very interesting topic. Just wonder how did you manage to have a 58" disc within your house compound. How did you get those set? might want to share some info? Thanks for your kind help. I would like to have one too......

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 2:22am  
You need professional installer to perform the task bro.

email me your contact: amiroazlan@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Jul 8th, 2008 at 5:40am  
Hi All,

I just bought a second hand satellite disc from China. Unfortunately i dont have the stand . The disc is huge. I am looking for someone who is able to install and get the bracket for me. Can someone assist me to give me some list of installer in Subang Jaya area.

Thanks

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Jul 27th, 2008 at 4:41pm  
[quote author=Forum Admin link=1187549825/0#9 date=1187710916]Thanks for the pictures.  They totalled 23.5 Mbytes so I have compressed them down to about 220 kbytes total which I hope will make them quicker for people to see.

Considering the list of programmes my guess is that you are pointed at AsiaSat 3S at 105.5 deg east.  This is a C and Ku band satellite.  If you have a C band LNB it is likely that its local oscillator frequency is 5.15 GHz.  What size is your dish ?  What does the label on the LNB say about local oscillator frequency ?

If you look at your screen display I can see you have set the LNB local oscillator frequency as 11.3 GHz.  Is this correct ?  That would correspond to a Ku band LNB with a special high LO frequency.  See here for more explanation https://www.satsig.net/lnb/explanation-description-lnb.htm

I suspect that carrier is really at 4083 MHz.

calculation now:
12367 - 11300 = 1067 MHz (L band freq in the cable, works OK)

With the LNB LO set correct, the displayed carrier frequncies should match up with  https://www.lyngsat.com/asia3s.html
and https://www.findersat.com/searchresult.php?ID=1055&Type=ALL

Please check more of the carrier frequencies and symbol rates to confirm which satellite you are on.  

If it is Asisat 3S look carefully at the list of programmes on Asiasat 3S in case some of those there are worth watching.

Best regards, Eric.[/quote]
Dear Sirs,

----------------------------------------------------------------

We have hear from website that you are in the market for satellite antenna.

We have the pleasure to introduce ourselves to you with a view to building up business relations with your firm.

Senxin Group Corporation Limited is famous for  it's products of satellite dish antenna.with a high quality standard .We have a good sales worldwide.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

Products name:satellite dish antenna

Place of origin:China

Payment Terms:T/T OR L/C

Ku band:35cm,45cm,55cm,60cm,75cm,90cm,120cm,150cm.RX

C  band:100cm,120cm,150cm,160cm,180cm,210cm,230cm,240cm,300cm,450cm.RX      

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As one of Chinese leading manufacturer for design and  produce satellite dish.With" Customer First Service Foremost" ,we have already export our satellite dish to Europe ,middle east ,Asia ,North and south america market.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you

Peter Li(sales manager)

www.senxindigital.com

IP Logged

legastomd
★★

Reply #34 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 2:49am  
Hi,
I am new to satellite TV. I would like to ask which is the better satellite tv reciever? I think there is the type wherein one has to manually input almost all the settings to work?and can also function in cardless mode? And another wherein one has to have an access card to work? I am interested in recieving dream tv channels in Brisbane Australia. Can you help? I would really appreciate it if you can give the reciever settings specifically for recieving dream tv in Brisbane Australia and recommended size of dish and LNB frequency etc.I think the satellite that carries it is Agila 2 ? Thank you

IP Logged

blacksmoke
★★

Reply #35 - Dec 11th, 2008 at 10:16am  
hi jacky or anyone,

im in KL, malaysia. Just curious.

1) If i want to get a satellite disc & reciever. Where can i get it in Malaysia.
2) If i install a satellite. I can still get the normal TV Channel. Eg, RTM 1, RTM 2, TV3, TV8, NTV 7 & Astro.

Thanks.
William
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2016 at 8:25am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Fallenangel8308
★★

Malaysia
Reply #36 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 2:18am  
Hi, wkwmy I'm a newbie here would interested to know how you setting up the decoder and the dish? Just bought a complete set of the China brand satellite decoder and dish.
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2016 at 8:24am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

s2kang
★★

Reply #37 - May 4th, 2011 at 3:18pm  
I had a China satellite dish installed since 2 years but lately the signal lost and i went up the roof and checked it out. The dish is rusty and the plastic cover with many tiny holes surrounded a bigger hole at the center was crack. Can someone tell me does the receiver work without the cover. If not, where can a get a cover in Malaysia. Also please answer does the rusty dish affect the signal ? Thank you.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #38 - May 13th, 2011 at 5:20am  
Leroy , I honestly dont think I have ever seen anyone shot down for posting in the Newbie forum. I dont think anyone would have a problem with questions such as the ones he has asked you. I personally wont give private tuition to anyone as I could be helping a lot more people by posting on here. Unless they want to pay me that is

Fernbay , yes , people need to realise that the Dreambox DM500 went out of production years ago and that all these receivers currently on the market are clones. But there are good clones and bad clones and there is no point buying one purely on price. When purchasing people need to know if they are from a reputable source.

https://www.espow.com/wholesale-dreambox-500s-satellite-receiver-dm500s.html

IP Logged

sidramalik100
★★

Reply #39 - May 24th, 2011 at 8:35am  
well you have need to change the settings of dish and also change its location then you will receive all the tv channels on your dish

IP Logged

Pages: 1