Satsig logo
Satellite Broadband Forum.
Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum.  Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure.  Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Read the Forum rules.  Click Register at the bottom if you want to join.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
How many watts does it use? (Read 4826 times)
granadainfo

How many watts does it use?
Sep 23rd, 2008 at 11:22pm

I want to install tooway in a remote house in Spain which uses solar panels. I have been told that it uses 200 watts but that seems too much for this type of device. For example, An ADSL modem only uses about 8 watts.

If it uses much more than 80 watts it would be too much or I would have to spend a lot on new solar panels.

I have asked a couple of companies and nobody seems to know how many watts it uses.

Does anyone who already has it have a power meter???

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
YaBB Moderator

Personal text from Profile,
Options, Top line

Re: How many watts does it use?
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 11:47pm

Try emailing Sheila Assoignon at Spruce County Computer.  She may know. http://www.satsig.net/satellite-internet/satellite-internet-manitoba-canada-imag...
wxw
Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

NotesConsultants

Broadband via Satellite,
anywhere, any time.

Spain
Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 6:52pm

I will measure the next install I do which is next week and post the results here.
I travel all over Spain, so I'd be happy to drop in if you let me know where you are and I'm passing by.

Paul Harrison
+44 1252 560018
+34 687 256 240
Skype handle SatManES
Email: Paul.Harrison@notesconsultants.co.uk
Web site: http://www.NotesConsultants.bttradespace.com

IP Logged

europe-satellite.com
YaBB Moderator

Telecommunications & Network
Technologies.

London UK
Reply #3 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 2:15pm

granadainfo wrote on Sep 23rd, 2008 at 11:22pm:
I want to install tooway in a remote house in Spain which uses solar panels. I have been told that it uses 200 watts but that seems too much for this type of device. For example, An ADSL modem only uses about 8 watts.

If it uses much more than 80 watts it would be too much or I would have to spend a lot on new solar panels.

I have asked a couple of companies and nobody seems to know how many watts it uses.

Does anyone who already has it have a power meter???

The external transformer is labeled 30V - 2.5 amps so I asume it will be max 75 watt.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1

Anytime you want to order from Amazon...
If in Americas, please use the link below:

Useful links:
My latitude longitude (lat/long) finder
Email me: eric@satsig.net
Anytime you want to order from Amazon...
If in Europe, please use the link below: