Satellite Internet

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. If you are showing as 'Guest', please register at the bottom of this home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          
Pages: 1

Making Linkstar Unlock Cables

(Read 5465 times)
priest
Ex Member

Jan 16th, 2005 at 8:23pm  
I need help to unlock a linkstar modem. I have located the serial port, but it is left to me to make the cable.

My questions are -

1. In making the cable is it the two ends that will be connectors? What does each end look like

The folowing information is not explanatory enough

"Only the middle 4 pins are used (use a 4 pin connector phone plug) Looking at the phone plug with the clip facing away from you.
pin 1 goes to pin 5 on the serial connector
pin 2 goes to pin 2 on the serial connector
pin 3 goes to pin 3 on the serial connector
pin 4 not used "

WHAT IS THE LOOPBACK ABOUT?

"some loopbacks on the serial connector
7 and 8 are looped
1 and 4 are looped
6 and 4 are looped"

I will be very grateful if you can explain how to make the cable from 2 phone connectors and a 8wire network cable. I will be very happy if a quick response is given.

IP Logged

maliksat

Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2005 at 9:54pm  
can u show me how i can located the serial port

IP Logged

priest
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 17th, 2005 at 11:28am  
The serial port is at the back of your PC. It is a 9-pin port where you usually put a  mouse (if you are using a serial mouse).

IP Logged

maliksat

Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2005 at 8:33am  
thanks piest but i would know the serial port of the linkstar

IP Logged

Rizal

Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2006 at 2:30am  
If you are using the old Linkstar version, it does not show the serial/RJ11 port on the outside. Its inside the modem, but you 'll be voiding your warranty.

IP Logged

Pages: 1