Logo

Satellite Internet Forum.
Please note that this forum is now READ ONLY and closed for login and changes
The new forum is here Space and Satellite Communications forum

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum.  Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure.  Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute.  Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          

Nera Service Bandwidth wanted

(Read 4848 times)
astrolobetech
Guest


Aug 11th, 2005 at 8:39pm  
Anyone here selling bandwidth on the Nera DBV RCS systems??
Back to top
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2005 at 9:33pm by Admin1 »  
 
IP Logged
 
Eric Johnston
Senior Member
***
Offline


Personal text from Profile,
Options, Top line

Posts: 2107
Reply #1 - Aug 11th, 2005 at 9:20pm  
Try these people http://www.dunhill.ws/
They do Nera modems for the Caribbean area.    A suitable satellite coverage beam, which includes an operational DBV-RCS Nera hub that is willing to commission new terminals, is essential.
Best regards, Eric. wxw
Back to top
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2006 at 2:36pm by Admin1 »  
 
IP Logged
 
Astrolobe
Ex Member


Reply #2 - Aug 11th, 2005 at 9:52pm  
Those people also having a problem with the Nera system coming out of Telenor.
Back to top
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2005 at 9:30pm by Admin1 »  
 
IP Logged
 
Dunhill
Ex Member


Reply #3 - Aug 12th, 2005 at 8:29pm  
It is not the Nera systems, it is the BandWidth provided by Telenor and SkyCatcher.

Systems we have enough, but the 2 bandwidth providers are trying to triple (even 4x) the bandwidth prices and keep us away for activating with the old prices, and without proper notice Sad , so it was/is a cold shower for us too.

We (and others with us) are working into other options, and there is more going on to force them to keep their offers and contracts.

Other options includes Hispasat, but they are very slow with responding.

But again Nera, as a product, has nothing to do with this.

We expect an answer on monday, till further notice, Telenor does not accept new connections till August, 25.

Back to top
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2005 at 9:36pm by Admin1 »  
 
IP Logged
 
Astrolobe
Ex Member


Reply #4 - Aug 12th, 2005 at 10:49pm  
Please I am patiently waiting for a reply. I am stuck her in the jungle waiting to set this system up and get back to America.

This is a bad business start for Telenor...what ever happen to the bending backwards for customers???I am shock and surprise that they would drag this on even though I call them and explain that I am here and stuck.....
Back to top
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2005 at 9:31pm by Admin1 »  
 
IP Logged
 
astrolobetech
Guest


Reply #5 - Aug 15th, 2005 at 6:13pm  
It is monday! Any feedback yet?
Back to top
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2005 at 9:32pm by Admin1 »  
 
IP Logged
 
AllLink
Ex Member


Reply #6 - Aug 15th, 2005 at 7:39pm  
We will have our Bandwidth pricing posted later today

We are Dealer for South & Central America.
But it will be until Aug 25th before we can put you online

Please Contact:

Michael Tucker
AllLink@rcn.com
Back to top
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2005 at 9:36pm by Admin1 »  
 
IP Logged
 
Jensen
Ex Member


Reply #7 - Aug 19th, 2005 at 3:09pm  
There seems to much confusion over Telenor's Nera DVB hub and the service as it stands now. Telenor is in Beta testing with select terminals. Telenors dvb service is not a commercial service at this time. The current Beta customers are not paying anything for service at all and no prices for service have been released at this time. The Telenor Hub is the only Nera DVB hub that has undergone such stringent testing and many service enhancements have been made. Telenor's DVB service  promises to be a much better quality service than offered by others with Nera hubs and will be at a very competitive price.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
astrolobetech
Guest


Reply #8 - Aug 20th, 2005 at 2:01pm  
Quote:
There seems to much confusion over Telenor's Nera DVB hub and the service as it stands now. Telenor is in Beta testing with select terminals. Telenors dvb service is not a commercial service at this time. The current Beta customers are not paying anything for service at all and no prices for service have been released at this time. The Telenor Hub is the only Nera DVB hub that has undergone such stringent testing and many service enhancements have been made. Telenor's DVB service  promises to be a much better quality service than offered by others with Nera hubs and will be at a very competitive price.


You guys full of it. Since I called you guys and explain that the system was sold to me,and I was supposed to be one of the ppl beta testing,I left America to go to another country and when I get there you told me until 1 mth after then you can put me on.

Well I don't understand the satellite communication that much,but sometimes you have to flex for the sake of customers.

How come you guys never put me online and allow me to beta test this equipment so I can come back to the USA.

With that type of mentallity towards customers,Goodluck in business.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Dunhill
Ex Member


Reply #9 - Aug 23rd, 2005 at 5:49am  
It is not to blame the dealers who have to work with the promises/deals of Telenor, they can't change the things or force them and probably the consumer market is rather new for Telenor.

And it is not about betatesting, when i was in washington, we were told that activations could started, with the prices we had, and finally that is changed, who's to blame?? I don't know.

I give them some credit, because they know the (professional) maritime market, and we need to wait and see how they will cover those "startup" problems.




Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
astrolobetech
Guest


Reply #10 - Aug 23rd, 2005 at 5:31pm  
Quote:
It is not to blame the dealers who have to work with the promises/deals of Telenor, they can't change the things or force them and probably the consumer market is rather new for Telenor.

And it is not about betatesting, when i was in washington, we were told that activations could started, with the prices we had, and finally that is changed, who's to blame?? I don't know.

I give them some credit, because they know the (professional) maritime market, and we need to wait and see how they will cover those "startup" problems.







We not blaming you guys. Let us see what will happen come Thursday.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Astrolobe
Ex Member


Reply #11 - Jun 21st, 2006 at 9:17pm  
Quote:
We not blaming you guys. Let us see what will happen come Thursday.



Well obviously nothing happen,and after spending 1000s of dollars their equipment still dont work.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged