Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Any Experience with HiSpeedAnywhere!com

(Read 3125 times)
Tom Bray

Feb 2nd, 2006 at 7:21pm  
I have been considering going to sattelite access since I am moving from cable modem to the hinterlands in MidWest Michigan.  I just recently stumbled on this HiSpeedAnywhere.com company today.

I was a bit taken by their equipment costs, which are a bit over $2K for the basic installation, it does include what sounds like a properly pole mounted 1.2M dish.  Also thier power seems higher than others, at 2W.  Their monthly costs seem to be in line with other providers.

They also indicated that they have no fair access policy and don't use a proxy server - sounds almost too good.  They did say that they monitor usage and if it looks like you are sending continuous video or something they get upset about.

Has anyone had any real experience with them?

Are they new or have the morphed from something else? 

The equipment costs seem rather high, I am confused why it costs 4 times as much as other systems.

IP Logged

Davin Singh

Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2006 at 5:53am  
I feel the same way.

I have two houses in Woodstock, NY that need Internet service. I've already installed Starband at one of the houses. The speed is ok but nothing special 512kbps on pcpitstop.com's bandwidth tools.

I'm looking for the next level of service and hispeedanywhere fits the bill but I'm not finding many reviews on the service.

Let me know if you've made any moves concerning hispeedanywhere.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2006 at 7:51am  
We have a similar service and offer many service plans and cheaper 1 Meter system for USA installs. We can install nationwide or train for self install or to use the transportable version. Most StarBand and Direcway systems can be easily replaced with our system as long as clear line of site to South, South East.

IP Logged

Pages: 1