Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

DW7000 Setup Info

(Read 5746 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Feb 10th, 2006 at 3:36am  
I will be moving in a couple of months and want to setup my DW7000 at my next location. I know how to point the antenna using my laptop. I need to know what parameters need to be set on the DW7000.
I have looked at the modem setup page(s) but except for signal strength nothing else makes any sense to me. D/L the user manual but it does not contain any usefull info. Is there any (accurate) information available about what needs to be set? I am a registered DW user.

Thanks

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2006 at 5:08am  
With all due respect, if you do not know "what parameters need to be set on the DW7000" then you do not know how to point the antenna using a laptop. I recommend you first call Direcway and explain the situation. They can assign reinstallation to an installer at your new location. Once you get his contact info, you can agree on a price, based upon what portion of the job each of you completes (successfully). In many locations - when the customer does all the grunt work properly - the installer has finalized the installation for as little as $65

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2006 at 3:34pm  
I did find complete (and accurate) setup info @ dish on a stick. Moving to Canada. Would have to pay the discontinue service penalty plus pay for a new account in CDN$> And yes, I do know how to point the dish!

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2006 at 6:01pm  
Your original question still strongly suggests that you don't understand the relationship between IDU and ODU. As such - and relocating is a letigimate reason - you should seek what support you can get from Direcway BEFORE trying to take this all on by yourself.

Besides that, you may be trying to avoid a problem that doesn't even exist. Where do you live now? To which satellite are you assigned at your current location? And to where in Canada are you relocating? Good chance you can drop off the air for a while in your current location, and use your current satellite/transponder assignment in the new location.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Pages: 1