Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

I live in Toronto and face East

(Read 4493 times)
maxrpm

Feb 22nd, 2006 at 5:05am  
Hello folks, I just wanted some info. I live in a condo in toronto and face east. I know i can't get any local signal, however i see other homes in my arear that face south east. What I'm wondering is, what the heck they're picking up? If its europe, I want in!! Does anybody know? thanks!

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2006 at 12:32pm  
A few more specifics please. Is it a satellite internet connection you're after? If so, what are your minimum requirements?

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

maxrpm

Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2006 at 8:52pm  
I want it for satllite t.v....But I just wanted to know what they're picking up. I know to recieve a signal you must be pointing south west...but they're pointing south east (which is my direction)...any iseas on what feed they're getting? european or arab feed?

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2006 at 9:24pm  
Echostar 3 (Dish Network and Sky Angel) at 61.5 west longitude is approx south-south-east from you, so if you have a wall facing east then you will need to point the dish sideways at about 25 deg away from the wall.

See https://www.lyngsat.com/packages/america.html for satellite and TV programme options.

Pointing data at https://www.satsig.net/maps/lat-long-finder.htm This page also shows a blue line from your house wall, in the direction towards the satellite.

You may get more help at specifically "satellite TV" forums; try searching in Google.

We don't mind you coming here, you are very welcome Smiley and we are pleased to help you.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2017 at 1:59pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

maxrpm

Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2006 at 8:01pm  
Thankyou thankyou thankyou...I am so greatful.

IP Logged

Pages: 1