Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Agila 2 TV dish set up and alignment

(Read 37285 times)
Lito Siladan

Feb 28th, 2006 at 11:38am  
Hi, Eric can you please assist me set up my satellite dish. I'm located at Latitude 10.7 north and Longitude 122.567 west in the Philippines. On my vacation last Dec. 2005, I set up my 1.8m dish with universal Ku band LNB and tried to point ot AGILA 2 satellite but I don`t have idea of dish elevation, site latitude and longitude and dish azimuth, just lately searching on internet and found your site. My receiver is FTA Mediacom MFT91901, but unfortunitely there is no AGILA 2 on it. Can I enter the key of Dream TV to avail the program. How can I enter to the system to enter the KEY & DEC, Aside from AGILA 2 what other satellite available so I can fix additional LNB on same dish which has 3 mounting of LNB and use Diseqc on it. Is this possible on my location.  Can you advise a good FTA receiver that I can use on my area. Thank you very much in advance and appreciate you immediate responce. Good day.

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2006 at 12:22pm  
The Agila 2 satellite is at 146 deg east longitude orbit position.

Using https://www.satsig.net/ssazelm.htm and your site location as 10.7 north and 122.567 east, the dish pointing angles are:
Azimuth = 114 magnetic
Elevation = 60
Polarisation = -65

Start the polarisation adjustment with your receive LNB upright and then turn it 65 deg anticlockwise, while facing towards the satellite.

Tune your receiver using frequencies, symbol rates and other data from https://www.lyngsat.com/agila2.html

Find the satellite by setting the elevation and polarisation angles, then swing the dish boldly between east (90) and south- east (135) azimuth bearing till the receiver locks up on the carrier selected.

For further information I suggest you go to a specifically satellite television forum - try the Google search box in the top right hand corner of this page. 

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Lito S

Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2006 at 10:50am  
Thanks, Eric I had forwarded the information you had given to my brother back home. Please explain further on polarization. Regarding size of dish how can we determin what diameter is suitable in my area. Aside from Agila 2 what other satellite We can try in the Philippines. You are a great help to me, thank and you very much Good day.

IP Logged

skiev1

Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2006 at 8:21pm  
Lito,

Any news on your setup in PI?

I am going home this Dec. 2006 and planning to bring a 33" dish with Ku LNB plus a cheap but decent receiver like Ariza Extreme or Captive Works 600.  I will be in Bulacan area on will attach this Dish on my existing ham radio tower which is 40ft high.

Were your brother able to make the setup work?

Thank you.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 2nd, 2006 at 5:57pm  
hello every one could eny bosy help us how to align our dish in cavite i have a receiver of startsat and dish but we dont know how to do it. i could pay for some one to install my dish and to confogure it thank you..... pls send me a email.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 29th, 2007 at 11:09pm  
Hi!

I'm in California (North-East of LA).  Can you help me point my dish to Agila 2? Is this doable?

Thank you!

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #6 - Jun 30th, 2007 at 8:38am  
For a site in Western USA, the Agila 2 satellite is below the south western horizon.
See: https://www.satsig.net/maps/satellite-tv-dish-pointing-usa.htm
I've just checked - the calculator/map does work across the date line at +/- 180 deg longitude !
wxw
Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2007 at 10:28am by Eric Johnston »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 1st, 2007 at 9:33am  
Thank you!

Will my Dish 500 be useful to receive signal from Agila 2?

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #8 - Jul 1st, 2007 at 10:27am  
It does not matter what kind of equipment you have, you cannot receive signals from Aliga 2 satellite as it is below the horizon, in a south westerly direction from your location in California.

If you were to go to Hawaii, the satellite would be above the horizon. The Agila 2 satellite does have a beam pointed at Hawaii - see Agila 2 satellite

Try this Satellite dish pointing in Philippines.  Agila 2 satellite is at 146 deg E longitude.

If you are interested in watching a specific TV program from the Agila2 satellite investigate if anyone is relaying the TV program to a satellite with coverage of the USA, alternatively they may be people receiving the Agila2 program in the Philippines area using a PC card who have their PC connected to the internet to serve the signal out via the internet.   There is an advert at the bottom left of this page for such a service.  I don't know if it includes the TV program you want. There are many such "TV over internet operators".  All you need is a satellite dish, a SAT-TV DVB-S card, free download software and enough money to pay for an internet connection with a substantial upload allowance.
Best regards, Eric
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2008 at 11:24am by Eric Johnston »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Feb 8th, 2008 at 2:49am  
HI sir my name is louis and i live in the Philippines.  iAM ON THE MOUNTAIN TOP OF THE BARANGY OF san nicholas bamban tarlac..i WOULD LIKE YOUR HELP IN SETTING UP A DISH AND EQUIPMENT I HAVE..I would like AQUILA 2..THANKS  MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS..BHENGLOUPHIL@YAHOO.COM.AU..

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #10 - Feb 8th, 2008 at 11:23am  
This would be a good place to start: Satellite dish pointing in Philippines

Regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Feb 11th, 2008 at 1:01am  
DEar sir, can you advise me hpm to set up this dish i have to the AQUILA 2 satellite .?Ihave bougt this equpment in Thailand and also the de-coder and the card with the chip..I was told it is very easy to set this up in the philippines?Is this true.?   Please help me... thanks LOUIS MULLER...

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #12 - Feb 11th, 2008 at 8:44am  
As per previous advice, this page is a good point to start: Satellite TV dish pointing angles for the Philippines.

Agila 2 satellite is at 146 deg E longitude.

If you have set up the dish and are not receiving anything take some photos of it and send to me at eric@satsig.net   Take one picture exactly from the side so I can guess the elevation angle.  Take some close ups of the feed/LNB assembly to I can guess the polarisation.  Do you know which way is east, south, west ?   Please give your lat and long, then it may be possible to draw a line from your house on the map showing which way to point.

Regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Feb 13th, 2008 at 4:02am  
Hi Eric, again i have to bother you regards a satellite finder that has both measurements that are discussed in all those websites.. could you steer me towards the right equipment that is not too expensive as i will only use it 2 or 3 times..ALSO SOMETHING A DUMMY LIKE ME CAN USE EASILY..many thanks LOUIS(BHENGLOU)...

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #14 - Feb 13th, 2008 at 9:16am  
This page may help with azimuth and elevation.  If your dish has an elevation angle scale set it accurately.  If it is an axisymmetric dish (exactly circular with feed on the axis) and no scale, then read how to make an inclinometer and set the elevation angle that way.   If it is an offset dish and there is no scale then put a thin strip of wood under the lower edge of the dish and across the top rim of the feed window.   Then, approximately, set the elevation angle of the wood using your inclinometer. If you can't find it go up or down a bit and try again.

Having set the elevation angle of the beam accurately, tune the receiver to a known TV carrier.  Set the LNB polarisation angle by turning the LNB, while facing towards the satellite.  Negative is anticlockwise.   Then swing the dish boldly sideways in azimuth around the required azimuth angle.  Use a magnetic compass or estimate the direction using the sun.  The sun rises in the east (approximately).

When you find the satellite use the signal quality scale on your TV to peak up.

Simple, inexpensive, broadband power meters are available at any satellite TV shop.  These go in the LNB cable and give an indication at the antenna as you pass any and all satellites.  They help with finding satellites and peaking up but it is quite possible to peak upon the wrong satellite.  Your TV receiver can be tuned to specfic carriers and thus identify the satellite.

Read here abut carriers on Agila 2 https://www.lyngsat.com/agila2.html

Regards, Eric.

IP Logged

gaul
★★

Reply #15 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 11:17am  
hi all, i am in brunei, can i get the signal for KU band Agila 2?

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #16 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 2:17pm  
See  https://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/agila2_ku.html . Coverage looks marginal without an oversized dish

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

gaul
★★

Reply #17 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 7:10am  
Quote:
See  https://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/agila2_ku.html . Coverage looks marginal without an oversized dish

//greg//
tq for sharing, do you have ide what kind of disk can slove this problem? is it enough for disk solit 6ft?

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #18 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 12:35pm  
Without a footprint map that INCLUDES Brunei, one can only speculate. The diagram on that link I provided is what's called a footprint by the way. Notice a long narrow column just to the right of that diagram. It lists the diameter of dish relative to the strength (expressed in dBW) of the received signal.

Note that the extreme northeast edge of Brunei is within the 48dBW zone. The chart suggests a 20 to 30" inch dish to be adequate there. But the signal strength diminishes rapidly as you progress southwest through Brunei. Using simple extrapolation, the signal level I'll speculate the signal level to be all the way down to 35 in southwest Brunei. That puts you in 9 to 10 foot dish size.

But that still doesn't answer your question. Yes, a six footer may work SOMEWHERE in Brunei. But it may be either too much or too little in YOUR specific location.

The short answer is to check with others in your immediate area - see what works best for them.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

gaul
★★

Reply #19 - Jul 1st, 2008 at 3:59am  
i use disk solid 6ft, i try do like this for lnb ku band until now still can not get the signal agila2 ku band, may be any ide? for ku band measat 3 no problem

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #20 - Jul 1st, 2008 at 4:57am  
Note the difference in the footprint coverage: https://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/mea3_malaysia.html

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

gaul
★★

Reply #21 - Jul 1st, 2008 at 5:40am  
ya correct msat 3 under coverage, i will try to modifi lnb and disk, any improvement i will post here and also if any experience and ide just post here please, thanks

IP Logged

Pages: 1