Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Using sat tracker

(Read 11200 times)
chris czn

Apr 24th, 2006 at 9:20pm  
Hi,
We're doing an install of the wildblue system in northern Canada, with the aid of an Accutrac 22 pro sat finder. The problem is, we're not getting any strength readings on the accutrac, even though the dish is aligned properly. Does anyone know the correct connections between the dish and the Accutrac meter to get a reading, or if this style of tracker even works with the dish? There are 3 ports on the accutrac, and I would assume you need 2 of them to properly connect to the dish. We've tried a couple of combos, but nothing seems to be effective.

The sat tracker itself is not the problem, we used it to align our star choice dish, which gets 80+ signal strength, and is aligned in a very similar direction as the wildblue should be (3 degrees Az difference)

greatly appreciate any help

Chris

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2006 at 5:09am  
You need a Wildblue APA and Channelmaster meter.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 17th, 2006 at 9:15pm  
I am using the Acutrac 22 Pro Plus along with the WildBlue APA. So far, 32 systems have been installed with no problems. Are you sure that you are using the Acutrac properly. Also, the WildBlue APA helps to properly identify correct satellite(F2) and correct transponder. You don't need the APA, but it helps greatly in getting the best possible signal. I am up in Cambridge Bay, NU, 69N 105W. We are served by transponder 2 and target SNR is 9.1. Depending on the dish, I get signals-Actual SNR anywhere from 7.0 to 10.9. The Acutrac signal also varies from dish to dish. Hope that helps

IP Logged

scooterz56
★★

Reply #3 - May 18th, 2006 at 11:49am  
Do you have the modem connected to the Tria on the TX side and powered up? If not that is your problem, the TX cable must have power on it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1