Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

LinkStar troubleshooting LED's

(Read 4491 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Jul 30th, 2006 at 6:00am  
I have 2 terminals both programed Identically.  The LED on one for the Sat signal will blink. slow 1 sec on and off it will not go to the fast blink. when i switch the terminals the other acts normally. everything from the dish to the terminals is working properly the BER for both is usally 0 or.00000x. power out put for both at the dish is the same. Any ideas why the one terminal will not get past the slow blink?
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2006 at 3:12pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2006 at 7:26am  
Just an idea...

If you do tclgets, you will probably see pcr=false.  I think pcr goes true and fast flashing starts when it recognises the pcr and pid in the receive downlink carrier.

Check the -pcr and -pop parameters are correct.  Try reentering the data, making sure to use zeros and not letter o.  

Try also tcmp and pconf and look for any discrepancy between the parameters for both units.

The symptom you describe also occurs on new installs if you point at a strong carrier of the correct symbol rate and approximately correct frequency, but on the wrong satellite.  This does not apply to you as your other LinkStar RCST works fine.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2006 at 10:52am by Eric Johnston »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2006 at 3:40pm  
Thank you! I just needed someone who knows the system to point out the obvious to me! I had the PCR numbers transposed 356 instead of 365.  your help has been most welcome!

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2006 at 7:37pm  
Hi all, I have a linkstar modem and the problem is, the ODU led is not on (off) and even when i tried rebooting it, only the sat led comes on and off. Is there anything i can do pls let me know. Thx.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 27th, 2007 at 5:12am  
Telnet into RCST. Type "pconf" to check ODUStatus is Off or not.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 23rd, 2007 at 1:03pm  
you forgot typing save -o 1

IP Logged

Pages: 1