Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Correct angle for SG-2100 Polar mount motor

(Read 4019 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Sep 11th, 2006 at 10:28pm  
I currently have a 39 inch dish and a SG-2100 Polar mount motor set up DiSEqC H-H Motor  Model SG-2100 as indicated on the following illustration:  https://www.satsig.net/polar-mount-4.htm.  I have read so much about this set up but I still cannot figure out what is the correct set-up angle for the motor mount.  My location is Latitude = 43.5578, Longitude = -79.6960.  Presently I can catch one satellite but to get good reception I need to adjust the dish elevation to tweek the signal.  I didn’t think that was correct with these motors.

Can some one please help by working out what my correct motor angle should be.

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2006 at 10:54pm  
X = 90 - 44.26 = 45.74 deg
Y = 40 - 5.96 = 34.04 deg

Set these angles, centralise the motor accurately and swing the entire assembly so it points true south.  You should be aimed at AMC 5 satellite at 79 deg west.  Concentrate on getting this specific due south satellite perfectly and with luck all the others will then be accessible by just driving the motor either way.

My new calculator in https://www.satsig.net/maps/satellite-tv-dish-pointing-usa.htm will tell you the motor sideways angles as well.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2006 at 5:02am  
Thank You for your advice.   I will try that.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2006 at 4:16pm  
Thanks Eric that worked perfect.  I tried it over the weekend and while it took some tweeking it did work.  Unfortunatley I am not able to receive a stronger signal than 65% quality. Still receiving many FTA channels at that strength.

IP Logged

Pages: 1