Home page of Satellite Internet and Information

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite Internet Forum : Home Page          
Pages: 1

Starting out

(Read 2108 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Oct 15th, 2006 at 8:15pm  
Hello to all members,

I am a newby.  I live in East Anglia, near Colchester, Essex.  I am about to try and set up my 1.2 Channel Master (Andrews) with a new H-H 1224 Supermount motor.  Question; I have worked out my site location, with SatSigs calculator and came up with 51.9290 N - 0.7179 E looking at Hotbird 13E.  When I double checked my location via post code, I got 51.9282 N - 0.720385 E.  Are the lat and long that critical? or will my previous location be OK?  I used the SatSig map for the first position. 
At present the dish is moved by 24" Jaeger but I am finding I have to re-correct the dish position on my receiver.  My system is approx 7 years old, and the polar mount is a bit rusty with a bit too much movement.
Any/all advice appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Mikale

System; Echostar 3600VIA, 1.2 C.M. dish, + D.C.+loader, D2Mac,      

IP Logged

Pages: 1