Home page of Satellite Internet and Information

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite Internet Forum : Home Page          
Pages: 1

Getting Hispasat 30W signal from Italy?

(Read 2275 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Nov 27th, 2006 at 4:24pm  
Is there anybody that could help me watch Spain tv channels here in Rome?

I've got my dish pointing to Hotbird 13E but I'd like to watch spanish tv adding a new illuminator to it. In theory I could set a new illuminator at 43 from the current one but I'm uncertain if signal from that is strong enough.

According to your experience, is it possibile just adding an illuminator, or should I buy a separate dish? Or maybe the signal doesn't covers Italy and it couldn't be done anyway?

I already know there is a couple of spanish channels available in Italy (Hotbird) but I'd really like watch TFA channels directed to Spain that are seen through Hispasat. Smiley

Thanks in advance

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2006 at 12:44pm  
Thanks, this morning I checked against the Hispasat site and the 1C/1D coverage map seems encouraging.

http://www.hispasat.com/Detail.aspx?SectionsId=117&lang=en

Italy appears to be near the strong signal area. I should check if the channel I want goes transponders pointing towards Italy.

I already use 2 illuminators on the same dish (the diameter is 80cm I think), one for Astra the other for Hotbird, so I'd have to find a way to mount the third one at a very precise angle but don't think it's a big problem.

Any suggestion?

IP Logged

Pages: 1