Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Unlimited on Wildblue?

(Read 9077 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Apr 6th, 2006 at 9:06am  
I am a very unhappy Direcway subscriber and recently found Wildblue. I was told by a rep. from Wildblue that they have an Enterprise package that eliminates the FAP for about $100 a month. He seemed to not know a lot about it. He also said it would cost $1000 for the equipment even though it is the same gear, according to him, that the other packages use. I pay $110 for my Direcway and because of my rather massive data requirements, Wildblue looks very promising. Does anyone have information about this? I can live with possibly losing some bandwidth if it eliminates the FAP. Also he told me the average Latency stays around 500. My latency with Direcway is doing well if it falls below 900 (which is rare). Any info is greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2006 at 3:13pm  
You can't get (what they call) Enterprise service directly from WildBlue, they farm it out. See https://www.wildblue.com/ But in my personal estimation, what they're selling (as provided by WildBlue) does NOT qualify as bonafide enterprise-grade service. One or more of them MIGHT be able to satisfy your "no-FAP" desires though.

//greg//
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:07pm by Admin1 »  

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2006 at 1:44am  
Wildblue is just as bad as Directway...it slows down to a crawl when alot of people in your area (or so they told me) are on at the same time. pages load so slowly they often times timeout, Download speeds dwindle to terrible speeds..(can you say 15Kbs?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2007 at 10:31am  
There are several VAR's that will sellyou enterprize class WildBlue.  I beleive they still have a FAP.  Email me (syi@wildblue.net) or PM me and I may beable to help you.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 11th, 2007 at 2:18am  
with just the pro package you will have 17,000mb download and 5,000mb upload per month. lost better than hughesnets daily fap. the pro package will only cost you 79.95 a month. the speeds will consistently run 1.5 down and around 200 to 256kbs up. if you choose to go with the var enterprise it will rock.

IP Logged

Pages: 1