Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Pointing 1.2m Andrew Antenna

(Read 3934 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Dec 5th, 2006 at 11:00pm  
Hello! I'm trying to align an Andrew (Channel Master) antenna in Ku frequency, to Intelsat 805 satellite. It is a 1.2 m RxTx Class I Antenna System (Type 120TX), with a LNB model NJR2144HT. I'm connecting it to a satmodem Shiron irg40, which I've already used with another antenna and worked fine.

The first antenna had 2.4m, and a fine adjusment in azimuth and elevation. The 1.2m antenna doesn't have fine adjusment on azimuth, only on elevation, with a 10 to 90 degrees range.

I'm located in Bogota, Colombia with parameters: 4.6961 North and 74.0636 West. I aligned the first antenna with elevation: 67.6 (without the offset) and azimuth: 103.7 

My question is that, the first antenna has an offset of 22 degrees, and it was very important in order to align it, but I don't know if the Andrew antenna has an offset too, so I don't know if that is the problem with its alignment (it doesn't lock to satellite).

Can anyone please help me with this problem?

Thank you....

IP Logged

Oasis Networks
★★★

Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 7:27am  
Hi,

What is the exact model of the dish? As far as I remember, Andrew has two or even three 1.2m models, one of them has indeed offset of 22 degrees.

Also, do you have any spectrum device or monitor?

And last thing, when you point your antenna, don't forget that in Bogota you are 2000m closer to the stars Wink

Q tengas Suerte!

www.oasisnetworks.net - Oasis Networks - Online with you!
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2007 at 6:34pm  
Hi, andrew 1.2m antenna actual have an offset. Go to this web site and confirm the class of your antenna https://www.atrexx.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=hardware&id=95#KUband_small

regards,
Mykeo

IP Logged

Pages: 1