Satellite Internet

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. If you are showing as 'Guest', please register at the bottom of this home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          
Pages: 1

FTP with Ka band - Please help!

(Read 5005 times)
paul360
Ex Member

Dec 12th, 2006 at 7:03pm  
I have been using xplornet for about a year now, I have given up getting help with this from their tech support.  While using FTP to upload files to an offsite server I continually get disconnected from the server.  Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue?

« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2007 at 3:10pm by Eric Johnston »  

IP Logged

USN - Retired
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 7:31pm  
Might not be XplorNet. If you'd give me temporary access to the server, I can try to upload from my own client. If security is an issue, you can give me the address/password via instant message or email

//greg//

IP Logged

paul360
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2006 at 1:59am  
I have it set to shortcut, I will need to get the info from my other office tomorrow, thank you for your help with this, what else could it be?  It is a Windows dedicated server.  I am on a mac using Fetch as an FTP app.  I have tried others with out any difference.

IP Logged

USN - Retired
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2006 at 4:22am  
I user PowerDesk as a FTP client. I have a satellite connection that is not XplorNet. Let's see first if I can successfully upload to that Windows server. It might save some guesswork.

//greg//

IP Logged

Beverley
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 17th, 2007 at 10:15pm  
Hi! New member and need help. I have Xplornet Satellite and am trying to FTP files to my personal website. When I first got the Satillite it did work but not the best, now it doesn't work at all and times out. I did call for support and was told they don't support my FTP???? What does that mean? The person I was talking to didn't have a clue and said I will be called back. Am I the only one with this problem?
Beverley

IP Logged

USN - Retired
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 17th, 2007 at 11:21pm  
Try setting your FTP client to passive mode

//greg//

IP Logged

Pages: 1