Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

FTP with Ka band - Please help!

(Read 8501 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Dec 12th, 2006 at 7:03pm  
I have been using xplornet for about a year now, I have given up getting help with this from their tech support.  While using FTP to upload files to an offsite server I continually get disconnected from the server.  Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue?

« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2007 at 3:10pm by Eric Johnston »  

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 7:31pm  
Might not be XplorNet. If you'd give me temporary access to the server, I can try to upload from my own client. If security is an issue, you can give me the address/password via instant message or email

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2006 at 1:59am  
I have it set to shortcut, I will need to get the info from my other office tomorrow, thank you for your help with this, what else could it be?  It is a Windows dedicated server.  I am on a mac using Fetch as an FTP app.  I have tried others with out any difference.

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2006 at 4:22am  
I user PowerDesk as a FTP client. I have a satellite connection that is not XplorNet. Let's see first if I can successfully upload to that Windows server. It might save some guesswork.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 17th, 2007 at 10:15pm  
Hi! New member and need help. I have Xplornet Satellite and am trying to FTP files to my personal website. When I first got the Satillite it did work but not the best, now it doesn't work at all and times out. I did call for support and was told they don't support my FTP???? What does that mean? The person I was talking to didn't have a clue and said I will be called back. Am I the only one with this problem?
Beverley

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #5 - Feb 17th, 2007 at 11:21pm  
Try setting your FTP client to passive mode

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Pages: 1