Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

HELP!! Need help for DW7000

(Read 3113 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Jan 9th, 2007 at 4:07am  
I have a system I set up for a Missionary Priest in the Highlands of Guatemala. It was working fine. I was there 15 days in May. Until now, this village had no communications. The Direcway system was urgently needed to communicate with the outside world. It stopped working and I was lucky enough to have someone coming to the staes that brought me the modem and power supply. I got them new ones and gave them instructions on how to commission the modem.

Unfortunately, the Priest there is a great guy with 3 PhD's but cant tell you the business end of a screwdriver! Long story short, I need to get the various screen shots that are involved from entering the address in the URL to completion. This system has to be set up with Lat/Long if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

Tony
papaglock@gmail.com

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2007 at 4:49am  
You need to start the ball rolling on this end. The original modem needs to be decommissioned before the replacement will work. This is because each modem is unique to the connection on which it's commissioned. The commissioning process generates a unique modem ID that is used to identify which of the millions of data packets flying around out there belong to your priest friend.

Once the OE modem is rendered inactive in the HughesNet data base, your friend need merely recommission the replacement. "Commissioning the Remote Terminal" procedures can be found in the installation manual. If he doesn't have one, a copy is available here: https://www.montanasatellite.com/manuals/DirecWay%20DW7000%20DW7700%20Remote%20T...

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Pages: 1