Logo

Satellite Internet Forum.
Please note that this forum is now READ ONLY and closed for login and changes
The new forum is here Space and Satellite Communications forum

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum.  Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure.  Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute.  Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          

pay

(Read 3126 times)
Major_Tom
Ex Member

Mar 9th, 2007 at 10:46pm  
I am attending the wildblue certification class on March 22nd. I was wondering what an average contractors per satellite piece price on the west coast is. So I will know how much to market my service for when I start looking for a contract.

IP Logged

USN - Retired
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 11:02pm  
To the best of my knowledge, prices and margins are fixed. I don't believe Wildblue negotiates payment/prices with individual installers/dealers. As such, I don't believe dealers would be very interested in negotiating salary with potential installers either, particularly if there's no pertinent work history.

I may be wrong though. There are quite a few installers/dealers that hang out at the wildblue message board. Perhaps you can get a more specific response there.

//greg//
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:05pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Major_Tom
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 11:26pm  
I do have relevant experience. I do Small dish installations and galileo. I am just cross training in wildblue to keep my options open.

IP Logged