Logo

Satellite Internet Forum.
Please note that this forum is now READ ONLY and closed for login and changes
The new forum is here Space and Satellite Communications forum

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum.  Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure.  Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute.  Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          

Loss of wireless connection after restart - HELP!

(Read 5931 times)
bob156123
Ex Member

Mar 23rd, 2007 at 9:38am  
Hi,

I have recently installed a Thomson Speedtouch ADSL router and USB client.  After a bit of messing I managed to get the encryption sorted but everytime I turn the computer off it appears to "forget" the seetings and I have to go through the following steps to re-establish a connection.

Control Panel > Network Connections > Wireless Network Connection >Right Click > Properties.

No wireless tab.

Hit Start > Run > services.msc

Double click “Wireless Zero Configuration”

Hit “Start” and “OK”

Back to Control Panel > Network Connections > Wireless Network Connection >Right Click > Properties.

Now the “Wireless Networks” tab appears.

Click in “Preferred Networks” remove the “Speedtouch” reference and click “OK”.

Back to Control Panel > Network Connections > Wireless Network Connection >Right Click > View available networks.

Then click connect to the “Speedtouch” that appears.

This then searches and I have to re-enter the encryption code and connect, finally it will connect and I can access the internet.

Please help!

Bob

IP Logged

aldalil
Ex Member

Reply #1 - May 16th, 2007 at 3:52pm  
Do you want to say that you are bored from doing the same steps every time you reboot your PC ?

You have to change the "Wireless Zero Configuration" service status and make it starts automatically with windows start-up

IP Logged

Marx0101
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 24th, 2008 at 10:31pm  
I'd make sure that I'd change your wireless zero config is the best option.

IP Logged