Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

WISP project

(Read 8737 times)
HVYMTL
★★★

May 9th, 2007 at 12:33am  
Looking for opinions on the best OS/hardware to use for WISP and also hotspot applications.
Looking for personal experience with various router/AP/hardware and credit card auth. programs etc., to start a WISP project as well as a hotspot project.
If you have tried various products and now have a preference I would like to hear about it.

thanks

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - May 16th, 2007 at 4:10pm  
Dear HVYMTL,

Regarding the OS, quickly I can say Linux is recommended due to its stability (CentOS or RedHat Enterprise are always the recommended distributions for any type of use).
Regarding the Hardware, it depends on the Application you are going to use and their minimum requirements in addition to the main factor which is the number of users/concurrent on your network.

If you are interested we are able to provide a bundle solution starting from the Network controller, hardware, Billing solution, hotspot, wireless CPEs/APs and recommend some payment gateways for those of what is working in your area.

Send me an email or add me to your MSN messenger if you are interested:
alaa*internetvsat.com

Replace the * by @

Best Regards,
Alaa
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2015 at 5:20pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2007 at 2:54pm  
hi , we are setting up a WISP in one of the Middle east countries and we are almost half way through and you can travel 12kms Near line of sight. You can email us for more details.

Please email us at info@spectrasky.com

IP Logged

HVYMTL
★★★

Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2008 at 5:23am  
Maybe this should be sub divided into

WISP: 1/4 mile

1/2 mile

1mile

and beyond.

I have equipment available and in use for these applications.  I thought it would be good to contribute what you use, for a given application, what you used to get around distance, objects, or other issues beyond the "perfect line of sight" shot.

IP Logged

spacesegment
★★

Reply #4 - May 26th, 2010 at 11:00am  
Hi there, one of the biggest challenges of the WISP is the management of the BW downstream and the ability to differentiate your services offering to different users. In addition to this the payment methodology.......pre-paid, post paid, contract clients. We have the perfect product, MSP, which is ideally positioned to take care of all these niggly issues.

should you require any further information, please contact me mvdlinde@sholga.com

Kind regards

mark van der Linde

IP Logged

satellite dave
★★

Reply #5 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 9:12pm  
Hi ,
Several years experience with mikrotik , and wirelessorbit as the billing platform , works well together .Mikrotik Ap´s / CPE´s are modular : if a radio card goes , psu , aerial etc, can be replaced .. Very impressed . QOS is a easy to set up , per megabit of through put , real handy on a satellite connection, Pay as you go for the end user .

IP Logged

Pages: 1