Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

help me out my modem loose lock

(Read 2216 times)
esegbue
★★

Jul 18th, 2007 at 6:24pm  
please help me out am using Idirect 3000 series am connecting to amc-12 satellite with a 1.8m dish to get signal is problem and even if i  manage to get it go off once i will have to stress hard to locate the right satellite
but after i had lock all my bolt and power on my modem it will go off
i start all again even at that the signal is not up to the maximum signal that my isp want me to  get
with the isite software i can only mange to get 16.5 and it opten loose lock please i had tried all i know i had change the lnb feedhorn and buc but still the prblem persist
could it be that the modem that is cousing it sholud i re load the package files again
please i need help am in Nigeria edo state

ESEgbue

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2007 at 8:02pm  
Find the satellite again and get back to the 16.5 reading or better.

Then try tightening the clamp bolts slowly and carefully.  It is quite normal to lose the signal at this point since tightening the bolts will alter the pointing.  Tighten gently and progressively, adjusting the pointing as required to keep peaked up.  Once correctly pointed pushing on the dish should cause no movement at all.  A rigid mount is critical.  You need to get to the exact centre of the beam.  Just good enough on receive will not do, as the transmit beam is narrower than the receive beam.

Having found the satellite it is often best to peak up in azimuth, tighten the azimuth clamp, then peak up the elevation last as tightening the azimuth clamp will often increase the elevation angle sufficiently to lose the satellite.

Adjust the polarisation also.   Rotate the feed either way till you lose lock (probably +/- 45 deg or more).  Then put to the centre point.  The polarisation tilt angle of the LNB/BUC may alternatively be determined by calculation and set approximately using the scale on the feed throat.

If your receiver loses lock on the receive downlink signal for no apparant reason check the F connections.  Waggle the cables.  The centre pin of the F connector should stick out about 2mm and the outer braid must make good connection also.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

esegbue
★★

Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2007 at 9:16am  
thank u erick
i had tried all this even after tighening all the bolts after some hours it will loose lock
even though the weather is very ok should it be that the modem is faulty

IP Logged

Pages: 1