Home page of Satellite Internet and Information

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite Internet Forum : Home Page          
Pages: 1

NSS-6 in Jeddah

(Read 4273 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Sep 5th, 2007 at 10:57am  
Dear friends,

I writing from Jeddah, KSA i want to install NSS-6, 95o E in jeddah, i want to know that can i receive signals for NSS-6, if yes please give me the details, or u can mail me also on javed1012@yahoo.com.

Looking for solution

Thanks & Regards,
Javed

www.jasim.biz
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2007 at 12:17pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Eric Johnston

Personal text from Profile,
Options, Top line

Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 2:35pm  
You need to check that you can see the satellite from your proposed dish site location.

See here: Satellite dish poining angles for Saudi Arabia

A magnetic compass will give you the direction.  Note that East=90 deg, South=180 deg and West=270 deg.

The elevation angle is the up/down angle and the concern is that the lower edge of the beam from the dish should miss any wall, roof or trees etc in front of it. 

0 deg elevation refers to beam pointed level towards the horizon.  90 deg elevation is straight up.  45 deg is half way.  In your case 23 deg is about 1/4 the way up the sky.  Use a school protractor as a guide, if you have one.  If the clearance angle is critical make a large accurate triangle of wood using tan calculation and sight along the sloping wood strip.  Try to miss the wall/roof by 2m if possible.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 11:31pm  
NO. cam not get. try  ddd+ or tata sky with 240 cm dish

IP Logged

Pages: 1