Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Locked iDirect Modems

(Read 12364 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Apr 26th, 2007 at 10:03am  
We have some iDirect modems that have been locked by a specific operatir, does anybody know if they can be unlocked?

IP Logged

Oasis Networks
★★★

Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2007 at 2:48pm  
as far as i know, the answer is NO which is a shame.

www.oasisnetworks.net - Oasis Networks - Online with you!
IP Logged

pgannon
★★★

Reply #2 - Apr 27th, 2007 at 9:08pm  
I'm sure they can be unlocked by iDirect, however they would want to check with the original network operator for approval/confirmation. 

The original network operator who locked it can also unlock them.

The whole purpose of locking the modem is to a) prevent someone from stealing a leased or rented modem, and b) to hold a customer to their full contract term. 

If you have a locked modem, there is generally a valid reason for it.  Pay your bills.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 4:04pm  
I understand the reasoning behind the locking of the modems, however if poor service has been recieved during the contract and the subscriber wishes to to continue on an iDirect platform but not with the current NO, it seems petty not to unlock them. I'm sure you'd agree

IP Logged

pgannon
★★★

Reply #4 - May 7th, 2007 at 5:25pm  
"Poor service" is a relative and subjective term.  Many times poor service are the result of poor bandwidth management by the customer - allowing peer to peer, webcams or other traffic to eat up all the bandwidth. 

I don't deny that there are many network operators who misrepresent their services, and advertised contention ratios are often a big part of this.

However, if you signed a contract, then you are obligated to fulfill it or buy it out. 

Once the contract is fulfilled, and so long as the customer owns the modem, then of course it should be unlocked. 

Perhaps you could contact iDirect and ask them for help.  They can contact the original network operator, get both sides of the story and then decide what to do.

IP Logged

ITCITY GLOBALCOMMUNICATIONS
★★★

Reply #5 - May 7th, 2007 at 7:35pm  
THE ONLY SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM IS FOR YOU TO CONTACT IDIRECT OR YOUR PROVIDER TO RELEASE THE PASSWORD OF YOUR MODEM.

IF THE CLIENT IS THE RIGHTFULL OWNER OF THE MODEM I DON'T THINK AN ISP CAN LOCK IT, FOR INSTANCE A PROVIDER GIVING FREE MODEMS TO CLIENTS OR DOING BUY BACK IS FOR HER TO SELL HER BANDWITH. THEN WHAT DO YOU EXPECT, THE PROVIDER WILL DEFINATLY LOCK THE MODEM SO AS THE CLIENT NOT TO LEAVE THE NETWORK. BUT IF YOU GET YOUR MODEM BRAND NEW THE EXACT PRICE RANGE IN MARKET THEN THE ISP WILL NOT LOCK YOUR MODEM.

ISPs GIVING FREE MODEMS ARE NOT FATHER CHRISTMAS IS A BUSINESS STRATEGY SO GO BACK TO THEM AND CLEAR ISSUES AND REQUEST FOR THE PASSWORD.

THNX
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2007 at 9:16am by Admin1 »  

Engr.A.O. Lukmon  CTO  ITCITY GLOBALCOMMUNICATIONS  234-805-6363230 / 2348025171
YIM  
IP Logged

ahmedmaher30
★★

Reply #6 - Jul 3rd, 2007 at 1:39am  
Sir,

i have a sloution for your problem,
but please tell me about the following:

- Service provider name
- version of software they use.
- what satellite you point your antenna to..I my do it remotly Wink

IP Logged

karibe048
★★

Reply #7 - Jul 9th, 2007 at 11:26pm  
hi,
if the modem is good (even sometimes bad) you always can recover it
but you need a option file (Idirect bin), from your new
service provider.
ask to your new Idirect  ISP, how to recover your modem.

this prevent one Idirect ISP know the network details from another Idirect ISP.
if your new Idirect ISP is not able to recover an Idirect modem(infinity or netmodem) then you are dealing with an intermediate guy on the chain food

Charlie... Smiley

karibe048&&charliecuattro@yahoo.es

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 10th, 2007 at 2:38am  
u can call me on 08083214688 or send me a mail to telesatp@gmail.com. There is a procedure using the hyper terminal session to recover ur modems

IP Logged

elsuhd
★★

Reply #9 - Jan 4th, 2008 at 7:40pm  
the rlock command to lock iDirect modems is only aplicable to infiniti modems and SW version 6.0.9.1 and latter.
You can use SW version 6.0.9.0 to work with other service provider in case they are using SW version 6.0.9.x
But if they use version 7.x.y.z then it will not work. you need to do the following:
1- changing the modem with new one.
2- or buy a used modem that is unlocked
note: no one could unlock the modem and it is impossible to do it.
Regards,
elsuhd@gmail.com
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2008 at 12:19pm by elsuhd »  

IP Logged

wesambhaya
★★

Reply #10 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 1:16pm  

IP Logged

- Siva -
★★

Reply #11 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 8:22pm  
If you know the password, use the following command to Unlock the Remote:

> rlock -u -p <Password>
Remote lock disabled

If you dont know the Password, contact your Operator. They can check your Remote Password at their iBuilder.

If they don't give to you contact iDirect..!

Caution..! Always read and understand my procedures, before apply.

IP Logged

- Siva -
★★

Reply #12 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 8:36pm  
Just Noticed, this question was posted on 26 Apr 2007.. Someone re-started one year latter..!! We all replying to this.. so shame....! he he he..!

Caution..! Always read and understand my procedures, before apply.

IP Logged

Pages: 1