Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Download iSite software for iDirect

(Read 134809 times)
alol
★★

Sep 20th, 2006 at 1:44pm  
Hi
I ask your help mr. eric. I am in need to the iSite software to download the option file to my iDirect 3000.
Either send me the software or give a link to it.
Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2019 at 9:56am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2006 at 2:19pm  
The iSite satellite pointing software comes in many different versions.

It is important to download only from the website of your network operator as the version you need is related to the version of iDirect software running on the hub itself.

Please be aware of danger of virus etc in any downloaded software from malware sites.  Make sure you use the exact web link told to you my your network hub.

Speak to your network operator and agree how to do the download and verify that it not corrupted. This applies to downloads intended to upgrade your remote modems as well.

Also, as you affect the firmware, your modem may become unusable. Read any documents and instructions from your service provider first.

Best regards, Eric
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2022 at 3:51pm by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

alol
★★

Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2006 at 5:03pm  
Thanks alot Eric you are so generous and helpful.
god bless u
thanks alot.

IP Logged

karibe048
★★

Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 10:59pm  
if you modem have a newer version it won't work

there are newer release than those ...
7.0 .0.2   and   7.1.1  ver 8 just came out .

7.1.1 is the best isite so far... problem can not log but i can telnet resolved

hope this help

Charlie

karibe048&&charliecuattro@yahoo.es

IP Logged

Y2J
★★

Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 9:02am  
iSite 7.0.1.2 Full Package (Images + iSite):
xxxxxxxxxxx
I hope it help someone.

Admin: Link xxx above deleted. Contact your operator for whatever download matches their hub and your hardware.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2022 at 3:53pm by Admin1 »  

Human knowledge belongs to the world..

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 12:26pm  
I was just wondering if i can align my antenna with isite v.7.1.1

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #6 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 1:04pm  
To align your dish:
Set the polarisation accurately by calculation.
Set the elevation accurately by calculation.

Find the satellite by swinging boldly in azimuth. iSite will show increasing power and once the correct carrier is locked (and therefore correct satellite also) it will go green on the graph. This presumes you have the correct config file loaded, with the downlink carrier frequency and symbol rate.

Peak up in azimuth and elevation to the exact centre of the beam. You need the PC at the dish so you can make 1/6th turn adjustments to the nuts and record each measured value, set to the exact centre.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2019 at 9:57am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

pgannon
★★★

Reply #7 - Nov 5th, 2007 at 4:27pm  
I fail to understand a request on a public forum for iSite software to download an options file. 

As others have noted, you must have the correct version of iSite, and it must match the operating system your network operator is supporting on their iDirect hub.  The network operator should supply you with both the current version of iSite as well as the options file, and any firmware updates that might be required. 

Shopping for these items on your own and guessing at what versions you should have on your iDirect modem is a recipe for frustration and failure. 

I see these requests for this basic information from time to time.  If you have chosen a network operator to deliver services to you, and your operator can not make these items available, then you have made a mistake and you need to select a more experienced network operator.  If you can't even get current software, then what help will your operator be when you have a problem - assuming you are able to get your site commissioned in the first place?

Pat

Business Satellite Solutions, LLC
www.bsatellite.com

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Nov 6th, 2007 at 12:20am  
Agree with Pat, if you are paying for a service, hold your provider responsible for getting it to you. If they cant deliver, change service providers.

IP Logged

ahmelect
★★★

Reply #9 - Dec 29th, 2007 at 7:46pm  
hi all

any one help us with the link of the last Version of iSite?? and one have iMoniter? how can we use it?

&&Ahmed&&Dar Al-Hikma
YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Dec 29th, 2007 at 9:43pm  
Both softwares (iSite/Monitor) are controlled clients (by iDirect and most HNOs) and further you will need login credentials to use them.

It is doubtful that anyone has openly hung the latest version of iSite (8.X) on the Internet.  You certainly wont see iMonitor on the open Internet either (it is even less likely).

Pat (pgannon) above pretty much said it best, if you want to use something such as that, it is recommended to go through your ISP and request permission (as you will need their permission (anyway)  to use such a tool.  

I don't know of many NOs that are even running 8.X.  I think the implementation of GQoS has slowed them in pushing 8.X to the customers.  It is a fairly advanced QoS, and it will take them some time to field it appropriately (to prevent the complaint department from filling up)

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 10:26am  
Hi all,

I have iSite 6.0.9, one of my modem is not locking to the satellite. The option file is correct, the LNB, cables are fine. I got advice that try to reinstall the package and images. But I dont have the packages and image files for iDirect 3100 modem version 6.0.9. Anybody can help???????

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 10:39am  
Hi abi,

Contact your provider - find out what version of iSite they are running on the hub. Otherwise you will get very frustrated.....and besides, they should be helping you......

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 11:42am  
Quote:
Hi all,

I have iSite 6.0.9, one of my modem is not locking to the satellite. The option file is correct, the LNB, cables are fine. I got advice that try to reinstall the package and images. But I dont have the packages and image files for iDirect 3100 modem version 6.0.9. Anybody can help???????
Is the modem configured for Fixed Site (read: Geo hardcoded) or Mobile Remote (read: you have an onboard GPS providing NMEA sting)?

IP Logged

Lukio
★★

Reply #14 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 2:57pm  
Hi Abi,

From what you are describing do you mean that you can't get receive lock on the NM? 

If so, have you checked that the antenna alignment is correct?  Try using the antenna alignment program in iSite and see what voltage you are getting from the LNB.

Also, check that you have the LNB parameters set correctly in the option file.  What model LNB are you using?

If you can provide more details I may be able to help.

Thanks ;.)

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 6:12pm  
This described site is commissioned already. The problem begun after 8 months. I have checked the LNB itself. and tried this particular modem on another running site with same spec of LNB. But the rx locking with satellite is not happening. If u need more specs I can surely provide. Thanks in advance

IP Logged

ahmelect
★★★

Reply #16 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 6:50pm  
hi

what is the version u need 6.0.9.X? that is important..

1. tray to get the image there r amany websites of many providers have this iDS version.
2. tray to get a frish OPT and push it in ur modem.
3.connect it to a working site have to LOCK RX on satalite u looking for.
4. after that if u dont get any responce.. that is not good for you may be that is hardwear problem..

tray all that and reply me..

&&Ahmed&&Dar Al-Hikma
YIM  
IP Logged

Lukio
★★

Reply #17 - Jan 23rd, 2008 at 1:53pm  
Hi Abi,

I agree with Ahmelect...you definately need to try and reload the image and option files.  If you have tried the NM on another site and you are seeing the same symptoms there is a chance that the NM may have developed a fault.
Also, where in the world are you?  I have been seeing alot of Wi-Fi interference affecting mainly the Rx of my remotes.  Do you have any waveguide or in line L-band filters available?  Better still, if you have a spectrum analyser connect to the Rx out on the back of the NM and see if you can see any spectrum.

Lukio ;.)

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jan 23rd, 2008 at 6:33pm  
Hi all,
     I am very happy with the instant and different replays. We are VNO for Intelsat. We are located in Liberia. We have some control in hub. I have tried to push a new option file from iBuilder. I have connected the modem in another working site with all parameters same in faulty site, only changed the GPS location. still the error is showing(Rx is not locking). I think by erasing and loading the packages and images, we can try to solve the problem.  Any advises.....thanks in advance Smiley

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Feb 16th, 2008 at 11:12am  
PLS, COULD SOMEONE HELP!!! ME OUT HERE!!!

I was having an outage on my network so i connected a pc direct to my moderm(iDirect) with a public Ip address to see if was browsing. i found out it was not

so log into with isite
some mistakenly clicked on RESET OR RESART While ever one it is

so log out and and i wanted to log on back
so it was dening the user name which is a public ip address and it password

isite could see the moderm but canot accept the password any longer and the status say it is Deactivated.

Pls hw can i get the admin password or something to asses it back.

Thank you

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Feb 16th, 2008 at 12:56pm  
In iSite was the modem BLUE or GRAY in color?

Can you open a command line from your laptop and ping the ODUs Eth0 (LAN interface/Modems IP)?

Are you certain you have the right iSite version as applicable to your modems version?

IP Logged

Desmond
★★

Reply #21 - Jul 25th, 2008 at 5:22pm  

I want you to explain how to load package and image on idirect,and also how to do the cumulative upgrade.
my email adress is topegood4you@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 2:50pm  
What version and model of iDirect unit? I ask that because 3100s require an upgrade prep in the more current iDS versions.

Loading a cumulative_update and an image is fairly simple. Before you start you will need the following:

1. A client connected to your iDirect unit (it is implied that you are in the same subnet of the iDirect unit and you can ping it)
2. A version of iSite that matches that of the iDS you intend to upgrade to.
3. The cumulative update and image of the iDS you are upgrading to (if you are upgrading to 8.X and you are using a 3100 you will also need an upgrade_prep package for it. If upgrading a 5000 or 7000 you just need the cumulative and the image).
4. The Options File. It is critical that you have this before you start as once you start the process you should NOT reboot the box whatsoever until the options file is loaded.
5. Stable Power: This is needed to ensure that you do not lose power during the upgrade process. So, ensure you have it on a stable power source or an UPS.

Once you have all of the above and can ping the box from the client, place the software packages and options file on the laptop or desktop client (possibly in a folder on the desktop) and start iSite.

You should see a "blue" modem icon in iSite. If you dont, check your connectivity and version of iSite.

Once you have a blue modem icon, right click the remote and install the packages as follows (using the "download package" feature you see when right clicking the modem):

1. Upgrade Prep package (if using a 3100)
2. Cumulative Update (ensure you see DONE in the text box before proceeding to the image in step #3)
3. Remote image (ensure that it is the right one...i.e. iNFINITI). Also, ensure that you see DONE in the text box before proceeding.
4. Download the options file by going to the main toolbar in iSite (where it says Options File) and select "Download from Disk." Navigate to the folder where you options file is located....install it, and select RESET once complete.

Once the box reboots, it will come up as the version you upgraded to. Be advised: If you had an IP change (within the Options file) you will need to change the TCP/IP properties on the client to talk to it (after the upgrade).

Ensure that you put that upgrade prep on there if this upgrade is for a 3100. I cannot emphasize that enough.

M
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2019 at 9:58am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

was2006
★★

Reply #23 - Jul 20th, 2009 at 12:22pm  
Hi,

I'm using iDirect 3100NB and I have few issues as follows,

1. I have uploaded cumulative_update-8_0_2_5.pkg and remote-8_0_2_5.pkg as instructed by my service provider.

2. Then I have restarted modem and load opt file into modem.

3. After all above process the status bulb of modem not in green colour.

According to my knowledge the status bulb should be green before receiving carrier from satellite. If anyone can help me how to resolve this will be a great help.

Regards,

Neil

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Jul 20th, 2009 at 1:46pm  
Status LED of Green indicates the modem is participating in a TRANSEC network.  It should be off for your IDS version.

IP Logged

was2006
★★

Reply #25 - Jul 20th, 2009 at 5:11pm  
Hi,

What is TRANSEC network. Is it compulsory to have green status LED to get Rx lock.

Regards,

Neil

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jul 20th, 2009 at 6:42pm  
TRANSEC is an encrypted network.

That LED being on or off has no bearing on your lack of a receive light.

IP Logged

Pages: 1