Home page of Satellite Internet and Information

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite Internet Forum : Home Page          
Pages: 1

Free sat in Reunion Island

(Read 1718 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Sep 15th, 2007 at 8:05am  
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I wonder what can be done from here on Ku receiver. I saw on satcodx that Intelsat 10 may be visible from my location. Does that mean that with a digital receiver and a say 80cms dish on Ku, i may be able to see those free programs? If yes, that means that some other sats may be reachable for free program?
Do i need a multistandard tv set ?
Any information appreciated.
Thanks a lot!
Phil

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2007 at 1:55pm  
By the way,

I'm in need of 2 dishes of 4 to 4m50, around f/d 0.40 to 0.45,
with easy transportation possibility to my country. Any advice?
Phil

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 7:08pm  
Hi Philippe. From Mauritius I can catch PAS 10 with 120cm dish. Reunion will need smaller dish but go for the 120 cm if possible. Any FTA decoder will do.
As for your big dishes I think you want to catch birds like THAICOM or PAS 7/10 C- band. These may be available in Mauritius on order. 2.4m solid or bigger mesh. May be around 300 euros( Dish +decoder)

IP Logged

Pages: 1