Logo

Satellite Internet Forum.
Please note that this forum is now READ ONLY and closed for login and changes
The new forum is here Space and Satellite Communications forum

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum.  Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure.  Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute.  Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          

Temporary satellite internet access

(Read 4016 times)
PorCus
Ex Member

Sep 30th, 2007 at 2:04pm  
Hi,

I'm looking to bring Internet access using dual way sat' technology for a short period next summer (5 days).

Anyone of you know some product i could rent/deal/build for that short period ?

Be aware that I'm an individual and i don't have the money that could have a great company or whatever Smiley

Other question : i guess all those people just retail a link on a the same sat set ? Like astra / eutelsat, or is it some thing independant ?

And i guess they are trying to limit the bandwidth usage because there transponder on the sat have a limited BW capacity ?

Thanks for any advice Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2008 at 1:26pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
YaBB Moderator

Personal text from Profile,
Options, Top line

Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 2:37pm  
Where exactly do you need  the service ?

What do you intend to do with the terminal?  e.g. web browsing with 1 PC, 10 PCs, 100 PCs ?  Occasional use, intensive use, continuous use ?   VoIP phone service - Number of VoIP phones and rate of calling ?  Audio - video collection uplink, CCTV uplink, outside broadcast uplink - bit rates ?

Answers to these will help service providers to suggest suitable solutions.  See page http://www.satsig.net/ivsat-europe.htm for some possibilities.

For reference, a minimal cost service, suitable for just a single PC connected and used for light web browsing and email useage, would be 256k down/64k up, shared 20:1    This means 19 other people are also contributing to paying for the total 256k down/64k up satellite capacity.  If you are a heavier user or are likely to be annoyed by congestion then a service with 10:1 or 5:1 sharing would be more suitable, but at twice or four times the price.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

El Molino Systems S.L.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 6:33pm  
5 day's in Summer ................ enjoy the sun and use an internet cafe ! Smiley or a GRPS card.

IP Logged

satweb
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2007 at 12:28pm  
We provide short term connections, if you could email your requirements . I think Eric has covered all the important aspects that need to be stated.
Antisipated Usage, number of users, location.

sales@satweb.co.uk

IP Logged