Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Best Modem

(Read 5504 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Oct 2nd, 2007 at 1:21am  
I have a Direcway LNB FSS 10.95 - 12.75 Ghz  HNS P/N 1030923-0006 REV.C , this is mounted on a one meter round dish , size code 25709. Will this LNB work with the newer modems, it was paired up with a DW6000 modem , Thanks for any info, Rodger

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 4:40am  
I'd have to try and look it up to be sure. But if it worked with a DW6000 system, it should work with the 7000 family of modems too. The real question is whether or not it will work with the rest of the TRIA. Not all LNBs are compatible with all Transmit/Receive Integrated Assembly configurations.

I'm not sure what you're really asking. Perhaps you're wondering if your old DW6000 outdoor equipment is suitable for the HN7000S upgrade?

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 5:03am  
I'm not sure what you're really asking. Perhaps you're wondering if your old DW6000 outdoor equipment is suitable for the HN7000S upgrade?
Thanks for the reply, yes that is what I am wondering, I see a few newer modems for sale and want to know if they will work with my outdoor equipment, Rodger

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 12:42pm  
In most cases yes. Virtually all consumer-grade Hughes IDUs and ODUs are interchangeable. I for example, recently upgraded from a DW4000 to the new HN7000S. The 6+ year old ODU is working just fine with the new modem. Be careful of buying used business or enterprise stuff though, that's where you can run into compatibility issues.

Bad part about buying a used modem, is that you can't be sure it's not blacklisted. When accounts are abandoned, or cancelled for cause (non-payment for example) Hughes will blacklist the modem, preventing it from being used until the account to which it was assigned is paid up.

Why buy used though? Hughes is trying to get rid of all their legacy customers (pre-7000) with a "free" upgrade offer. With a service commitment, you only pay $25 for shipping. Check out https://sf1.hns.com/upgrade/index.cfm . There might be an offer to pay a little extra for the modem to avoid the commitment too. No gambling with used modems that way, AND you get a warranty.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 12:35am  
Thanks very much, I will look into it, Rodger

IP Logged

Pages: 1