Pages: 1

rx but no tx

(Read 3601 times)
EDWIN
★★★

Lagos, Nigeria
Oct 6th, 2007 at 3:09pm  
Dear Sir,
I have an Rx connection but there is no Tx.The LED status on the SAT LED is blinking very slowly.The BUC, the cables are in good condition.what should I do to establish TX connection?

Is it possible to have a signal lock of IS 1R on my analyzer, having all the equipments in good condition, the NOC seeing the my terminal on their analyzer and yet be looking to another satellite?  If yes how do I get the terminal pointed correctly to the satellite?

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2007 at 7:52pm  
I assume:
this is a linkstar modem.
the antenna is peaked up.
the QPSK BER is good, 0.0005 or less.
the rx led is slow flashing green.

Your demod is locked to a carrier of about the correct frequency and symbol rate.

The decoding of the data PIDs etc does not match to your typed in configuration string.   tclgets may show that pcr is not yet true.  Check the configuration text string character by character, maybe a figure 0 is confused with a letter O for example.   Ask your hub to send the string again.  Read out the configuration from the modem and check that all the items are the same as what you typed in.  Re-entering the whole lot may help if some invisible character typing error has previously occurred.

You need to get to the receive fast green flashing stage before worrying about transmitting.

If the hub can see your test CW transmit signal on their analyser at normal level, you must be on the correct satellite.  Verify it is from you by turning the carrier off and on while they watch it.   Regarding which satellite, measure your elevation angle and compare with the calculated value for the wanted satellite.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2007 at 9:23pm by Eric Johnston »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2009 at 10:09am  
Dears,

I have same problem with IDirect 3000.
RX,Status and power are green.
but NO TX and Net is blinking orange.

guide me please..

Regards,

FS

IP Logged

fluffymassive
★★★

SA. Australia
Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 1:42am  
check to make sure that the remote is activated in iBuilder, and that the remote has the correct lat/long in its configuration.
Also to make sure that the BUC is good, put a CW carrier up and check on a spec an.

Cheers,

IP Logged

Pages: 1