Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

QUOTES FOR 20MB BANDWITH

(Read 3340 times)
ITCITY GLOBALCOMMUNICATIONS
★★★

Oct 7th, 2007 at 8:42pm  
SVD NETWORKS LTD IS LOOKING FOR A RELIABLE IDIRECT HUB OPERATOR WHOM WE CAN START A VNO LICENCE STARTING WITH 20MB DEDICATED UPLINK AND DOWNLINK.

RELIABLE OPERATOR SHOULD SEND PROPOSAL STATING THE SYSTEMS/SOFTWARES BACKED UP WITH FULL DETAILS REQUIRED AND QUOTES FOR 20MB DEDICATED UP AND DOWNSTREAM VIA MAIL TO svdnetworksltd@svdconsulting.com on or before 3days time Maximum

STRICTLY URGENT.

Engr.A.O. Lukmon  CTO  ITCITY GLOBALCOMMUNICATIONS  234-805-6363230 / 2348025171
YIM  
IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2007 at 6:04pm  
What is the required coverage area ?

Over 450 iDirect hubs have been sold, so there should be some with coverage of your area.  Questions will be is there is sufficient capacity spare on a suitable satellite and does the teleport have 20 MB of backhaul capacity to the internet ?.

Do you have enough money to pay for 20 MB each month during the initial period when you start from no customers paying ?  Would a start up with a smaller capacity be feasible with a view to expanding if your income and traffic becomes sufficient ?

I've told these people ref: https://www.satsig.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=any1;action=display;num=118710... about your requirements.  They might be able to provide the staff and expertise to operate and administer the iDirect hub (all remotely, I think?).

If you have not yet firmed up on iDirect, do consider the alternatives of a LinkStar or Hughes HX hub.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2007 at 1:29pm by Eric Johnston »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2007 at 12:09pm  
20MBs or 20MHz?

What region are you looking to illuminate?  That plays a big part.

I am guessing the UPSTREAMS will be fractions into TDMA inbounds?  Reason I say that is that iDirect upstreams are limited to 4.2MBs unless you are running iDS 8.X in conjunction with QPSK .793 FEC.  Only then, you can modify the MySQL to achieve higher throughput/symbol rates.

Hughes or Linkstar over iDirect?  I would never entertain that if I had the $$.  The iDirect NMS (alone) is enough to persuade any competent satellite operator.  

IP Logged

Pages: 1