Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Anyone out there on iDS version 8.X?

(Read 15323 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Nov 19th, 2007 at 11:05pm  
Any providers using 8.X yet? 

Anyone seeing 8.X on their satellite routers yet?

I am curious if anyone has pushed it to the "field" yet.

IP Logged

1default
★★

Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2007 at 11:42pm  
Hi Mike,
We are only watching closely to see which of the providers will take the bold step.
In the time being I wuold like to ask, How can I check to confirm that my modem is not locked them by my ISP .
that is :what command do i run on my iFINITI 3000 so see if it is locked or not.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2007 at 12:29am  
Quote:
Hi Mike,
We are only watching closely to see which of the providers will take the bold step.
In the time being I wuold like to ask, How can I check to confirm that my modem is not locked them by my ISP .
that is :what command do i run on my iFINITI 3000 so see if it is locked or not.
Hey!  Good evening!

Can you log into your modem?  If so, run the command:  rlock

This will give you the status of the remote locking feature.

IP Logged

1default
★★

Reply #3 - Nov 21st, 2007 at 12:55am  
Mike, thanks a million for the reply, I wuold like to know, if (iFINITI 3100)it is locked by the provider, is there a way out , say by flusing out the option file using falcon ???

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2007 at 2:31am  
Does it say it is locked when you run an rlock against it?

IP Logged

1default
★★

Reply #5 - Nov 22nd, 2007 at 2:04am  
the modem is restarting after I pushing in the falcon option file.
What to I do pls?
I still manager to be able to ping it, but it ia restarting it self
the status of the light in front panel are:power and status light steady green , except there is a reboot. , while the back panel leds are steady green all through, but flahing once a while.
What shuold i do pls?

IP Logged

mahmoud_elkordy
★★

Reply #6 - Nov 25th, 2007 at 9:25pm  
Hello All.
This is mahmoud elkordy from EgyptSat Company in Egypt, we have an iDirect HUB where we are using iDS Version 8.0.1 , if you need any more info, feel free to call me at anytime on my mobile number: 0020100060515
Thanks

Mahmoud Elkordy

IP Logged

Oasis Networks
★★★

Reply #7 - Nov 26th, 2007 at 7:06am  
Marhaba Mahmoud!

How is the version 8 so far? Have you noticed any problems? Was the upgrade smooth?

Regards,
Nimrod

www.oasisnetworks.net - Oasis Networks - Online with you!
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Nov 26th, 2007 at 12:48pm  
I have been managing 8.0.1 for about a month and a half now. Upgraded from 7.1.1.  It was a very smooth transition.

I havent stumbled onto anything "considerable" in the way of operation impacting bugs....and I havent really noticed any NMS affecting bugs either.  The Group QoS feature is quite powerful.  It has taken QoS to an entirely different level.  Particularly for commercial service providers.  The ability to divide/partition the BW into groups with their own MIR/CIR BW, laid against the priority queues is incredibly powerful.  

Their is an event server bug (CPU utilization reaches 100%) associated with 8.0.1, but iDirect has already issues a patch for the NMS to fix it.  The bug never materialized on my system, but I patched it just to be safe.  So far, I am quite satisfied.  

iDirect is getting ready to cut loose 8.0.2.1 which will incorporate an Lband Specan built into the monitoring software.  It is literally part of iMonitor.   The "SkyMonitor" Specan is a bit pricey (18k) but it is still a neat feature.

IP Logged

mahmoud_elkordy
★★

Reply #9 - Dec 15th, 2007 at 8:19pm  
Hi oasis,

Version 8.0.1 is g8 sometimes it crashes but in general its good and smooth

Mahmoud Elkordy

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Dec 16th, 2007 at 12:52am  
Can you elaborate on your 8.x crashes? 

IP Logged

mahmoud_elkordy
★★

Reply #11 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 11:27pm  
it always crashes when creating any new system in iBuilder, you will need to re-login everytime, also problem with this version is the high CPU usage happened on the NMS servers and the Tx line cards
thanks

Mahmoud Elkordy

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 11:52pm  
If a server process (or whatever) is crashing while adding objects to the network.....it is certainly something to be concerned about.  

Have you personally experienced the high utilization bug yet?

Reason I ask is because I used 8.0.1 and never had a problem.  I was watching closely for it, but it never materialized.  We ran several months on 8.0.1 without the patch....no issues.  As soon as the TAC cut the evtsvr patch loose, we loaded it.
8.0.1. was a pretty solid software platform (in my opinion)

We are presently running 8.0.2.1 and not seeing any issues thus far....(fingers crossed).
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2007 at 1:17am by N/A »  

IP Logged

ahmelect
★★★

Reply #13 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 6:50pm  
Hi all

the image V. 8.0.1 its available with some new provider, many providers will update his HUBs soon to the new V. its more realable and have many fetures..

Ahmed

&&Ahmed&&Dar Al-Hikma
YIM  
IP Logged

ahmelect
★★★

Reply #14 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 6:55pm  
Hi TDMA

i have a modem with V.8.0.1 IDS, i tray to push a new OPT with a new provider using 7.0.5 but i face a prob. i cant login using isite just telnet it. and the Stats LED is OFF.. do u have a solution to this issue??

&&Ahmed&&Dar Al-Hikma
YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 7:52pm  
Make sure the box is 7.x and then reload the options file.  A box running 8.x will not take a 7.X options file.

Re-image (rollback) the modem to 7.X and reload that 7.0.5 options file.

« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2007 at 12:10pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

ahmelect
★★★

Reply #16 - Dec 24th, 2007 at 8:15am  
Hello TDMA

i use iSite V.7 , let me explan what i do.
i get a modem was work on Hellasat with IDS v. 8.0.1 , we dont know the password so we use the recovary to push new frish OPT, all that is done and the isite detect it with the new IP, i tray to login after change the ip in TCP\IP but i cant, by telnet i can login normaly and i check the IDS V. its still 8.0.1... did that is depend on the isite V.? do u have an isite v 8?

&&Ahmed&&Dar Al-Hikma
YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Dec 24th, 2007 at 12:02pm  
Start with re-imaging that satellite router to 7.X if you intend to use that 7.x options file. Once you have the 7.X image on the box, your options can be applied (properly).  

Do you have the procedures for rolling back a modem from 8.X to 7.X?  

Once you have the proper image and options file on it, make sure you use the right iSite version to communicate with it.

IP Logged

ahmelect
★★★

Reply #18 - Dec 24th, 2007 at 3:58pm  
Hi Boss

(i get a modem was work on Hellasat with IDS v. 8.0.1 , we dont know the password so we use the recovary to push new frish OPT, all that is done and the isite detect it with the new IP, i tray to login after change the ip in TCP\IP but i cant, by telnet i can login normaly and i check the IDS V. its still 8.0.1... did that is depend on the isite V.? do u have an isite v 8? )

i have not the procedures for rolling back a modem from 8.X to 7.X? so i need that .. i asking u for isite v8.. really i use now iSite V7 . can i login to this modem (with iDS v8.X) using iSite V7?

&&Ahmed&&Dar Al-Hikma
YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Dec 25th, 2007 at 11:12pm  
You need to get a 7.X image on that box.  Do you have a 7.x image?  If not, you may want to get ahold of one.

The procedures will do you no good without the remote image.

IP Logged

ahmelect
★★★

Reply #20 - Dec 26th, 2007 at 7:33am  
Hi TDMA

Happy New Year.

i have an image V.7.0.5 that was i need ... what is the NEXT step??

&&Ahmed&&Dar Al-Hikma
YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Dec 26th, 2007 at 11:59am  
From the looks of the other thread (below this thread), it appears that you have the command line instructions.

IP Logged

ahmelect
★★★

Reply #22 - Dec 26th, 2007 at 5:37pm  
Hello Mike

please explean that clearly and step by step if you have a solution to my problem.

&&Ahmed&&Dar Al-Hikma
YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Dec 26th, 2007 at 6:09pm  
Do you have a copy of iDirects technical note for "Recovering iNFINITI Remotes?"

If you have that PDF document (and IP connectivity to your modem) read paragraph 5 (on page 4).  It details how to reload that image (a 7.X image in this case).  It is step by step. 

If you dont have that PDF document, let me know and I will mail it to you.

IP Logged

ahmelect
★★★

Reply #24 - Dec 26th, 2007 at 7:23pm  
hi Mike

i have it and i tray to reload the image by TFTP i have WINSCP , i dont tray the 1st method ... what is ur advice ?

&&Ahmed&&Dar Al-Hikma
YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Dec 26th, 2007 at 7:40pm  
Not trying to drag this out anymore than we already have, but why didnt it work?

If you have IP connectivity to the box, can log into the box and can use WinSCP, you should have everything in place to roll that image.
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2007 at 11:55am by N/A »  

IP Logged

ahmelect
★★★

Reply #26 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 12:19pm  
Hi

i have Winscp but i can use it i dont know how it work. i cant login By isite but i can telnet it..

&&Ahmed&&Dar Al-Hikma
YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 12:02pm  
WinSCP (used in this fashion) is nothing more than a tool to transition files/folders from your destop (target) to a destination folder on your satellite router (or server, whatever the case is).  It gives you a graphical representation of file transfers versus using the scp command line in Linux.

You basically point the tool to your remotes IP, enter the login credentials and tell it to connect.  Once it is connected you will see the file structures of your iDirect on the right side, your desktop or C: drive will be on the left (you can change it at the top).  From that window pane you can move files around, and copy files into folders (for instance, from a desktop folder to a folder on your iDirect...such as in this case).

Word to the wise:  If you do not feel comfortable running around in the file structures of your remote, I HIGHLY recommend you dont engage this.  You really need a firm understanding of what you are doing in there (what it is you are doing), before starting.  If you dont understand what (exactly) is taking place, then dont do it.

IP Logged

ahmelect
★★★

Reply #28 - Dec 29th, 2007 at 7:00pm  
Dear Mike

you give me the best rule but i know we have an ability to pass what we want to pass, i know that is defficalt but relly i want to learn that .. i am asking u to provide me.

&&Ahmed&&Dar Al-Hikma
YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Dec 31st, 2007 at 12:20pm  
When you have WINSCP running, are you able to log into your iDirect? 

If not give it a try. You will need to be capable of logging in as root.

IP Logged

ahmelect
★★★

Reply #30 - Dec 31st, 2007 at 7:17pm  
hi...

i solved the prob,thank u 4 ur help

&&Ahmed&&Dar Al-Hikma
YIM  
IP Logged

Pages: 1