Home page of Satellite Internet and Information

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite Internet Forum : Home Page          
Pages: 1

Channel Master Offset?

(Read 8266 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Dec 5th, 2007 at 3:01pm  
Hi, was wondering if anyone knows the exact offset of a channel master 1.2m dish.  I believe it to be similar to a 1.2m andrews class II as it has the 2 metal beams that support the dish on the back side.  I couldn't find any part numbers or anything else to identify the dish other than its a channel master, and its 1.2m.

I'm trying to set my precise elevation in order to aim at W6, but my AZ/EL mount is in pretty bad shape (it has a slight warp to it) so I don't trust the elevation scale.  Thanks,
Brendan

PS - anyone know a place that sells replacement AZ/EL mounts?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2007 at 3:55pm  
Hi,

The offset angle should be 22.6 As you may know Channel Master antennas now produced under name of Andrew.

Best regards,

Huseyin

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2007 at 3:40am  
22.6 is the angle for 1.8 meter.  Possibly around 17 for 1.2.

IP Logged

Eric Johnston

Personal text from Profile,
Options, Top line

Reply #3 - Dec 6th, 2007 at 8:51am  
Documentation andrew-antenna-123-manual.pdf (1.5 Mbytes pdf file size) for Class I and II 960/123 0.96/1.2m says:

123    1.2m  16.97 deg offset
960     96cm 15.4 deg offset

The Class II Andrew antennas have short rear side struts.  These struts need to be adjusted to correct any dish distortion.  Make sure the front rim of the dish is flat to 1.3 mm.  Use tight fishing line up/down and across.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 6th, 2007 at 11:02am  
Thanks, thats exactly what I needed to know.

IP Logged

Pages: 1