Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Problem setting up HX system Iraq

(Read 3679 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Dec 21st, 2007 at 7:39am  
Please forgive me I am a novice at this, my system (Hughes HX with 1.2m Prodelin dish) came with almost no documentation and at a loss on setting up the system. Reading others posts I am now slightly confused. I am in the Baghdad area and have the following settings.
Azimuth: 230.4
Elevation: 34.4 or 26.4cm
Polarization: +42.7
On the Polarization  42.7 turning clockwise facing the dish is this  correct? Also what is the Pol adjustment angle with the +3.5 for my site seen in other posts? Do I add the 3.5 to 42.7 to get the final pol angle? 

Also can someone provide the parameters for the Manual commissioning page? I have seen other posts referring to the Freq and Symbol Rate being changed recently. This is what I have found on other posts.
New modem frequency has moved slightly to 11243    (x100kHz)  
Symbol rate is now 8000000
When I entered these parameters my signal got worse.
Also after I entered my Lat and Long parameters on this page and went to the receive antenna pointing page it gives me the following pointing values: Elev 51.3 AZ 177.1 Pol 0.7 Is this accurate?

Any help is appreciated.
Regards
Spc Block

« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2007 at 8:44am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 8:33am  
On the Polarization  45.5 turning clockwise facing the front of the dish is this  correct?

Wrong.   Set the polarisation using the large circular scale behind the dish.  Set to +46.2 for Baghdad and W3A satellite.   The scale is quite clear.  The entire dish needs rotating clockwise while facing TOWARDS the satellite.

The assembly of the feed is critical.  For nominal receive horizontal polarisation, the single tick mark on the rim of the rear flange of the waveguide spacer must be directly and exactly away from the feed support arm.  The filter assembly and LNB must also be directly  and exactly away from the feed support arm. Both white yoke scales read zero.

See picture (as in Baghdad):
Polarisation scale reads 46.2

Ask your service provider (Bentley Walker or WAFA) for the modem configuration details which are what you need to type into the manual configuration screen.

Regarding this:
Elev 51.3 AZ 177.1 Pol 0.7 Is this accurate? 
These details do not correspond with satellite W3A at 7 east and your location, Baghdad.  Have you input the wrong site location or wrong satellite location?.
Polarisation 46.2 deg, elevation 34.4 deg (26.2cm) and azimuth  230 deg magnetic compass correspond to W3A satellite at 7 east and site=Baghdad.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2007 at 10:23am by Eric Johnston »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 8:49am  
Thanks Eric, I had the wrong parameters and was modifying my post with the correct ones as you replied.

Do I have the correct Freq and Symbol rate?
thanks
Daniel

IP Logged

James-BW
★★★

Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 10:06am  
Hi,

Just a quick note assuring you of our full attention, please do not hesitate to contact us for any further support.

The frequency is 11243
Symbolrate 8000000 

Installation documentation can be found on our website under 'support area'

My contact details are james@bentleywalker.com
james_bentleywalker@hotmail.com (MSN/Yahoo Messenger)

Regards,

James
Bentley Walker Ltd

www.freedomsat.com a high-speed Satellite Internet solution that delivers fast and reliable internet to difficult to connect spots around the world.
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 10th, 2008 at 12:50am  
Hi Guys,

Can any one tell me what value should be get in inbound and outbound rate code to see real performance of hx?

Many thanks

With Regards,

Javid

IP Logged

Pages: 1