Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Is satellite best way to go for daily downloads

(Read 1931 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Jan 27th, 2008 at 6:38am  
looking to purchase a sizable chunk of broadband (broadcast) for a business venture, every day would look to send some 1GB of data to 20,000 IP addresses, almost like a mini TV broadcast, except only streaming pre-packaged video for education - any advice on the best way to do it, costs?
Thanks

IP Logged

Oasis Networks
★★★

Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2008 at 7:54am  
Where will the uplink station will be located? Where will the downlink stations will be located?
Will you be able to use Ku band or C band?

If the uplink station and the downlink station located in places with good access to fiber, I would recommend to go for that. If the downlink stations are located in remote area, satellite will be the only option.

www.oasisnetworks.net - Oasis Networks - Online with you!
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2008 at 11:18am  
Hi Jenny,
Satellite is best for remote access and beats ADSL hands down as there'll be no limit on bandwidth wherever the signal is received. One uplink will serve multiple down link sites with common bandwidth to all (no multiple for additional sites!!) DVB S2 will optimise the bandwidth required.  Couple of questions: How secure do your require the data? ; Will you require the remote sites to be interactive with the uplink hub?

We can offer Ku band coverage over S Africa and would be pleased to help you deliver.
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2008 at 1:21pm by Eric Johnston »  

IP Logged

jaymadu
★★

Reply #3 - Feb 18th, 2008 at 5:39pm  
Hi,

This request is very interesting.

HookMeUp will provide bandwidth on demand 512Kbps - 2Mbps to satisfy this requirement.

We offer tailored solutions for this typer of application and your cost may be between 50 USD and 900 USD depending on frequency of transmission in any given month.

Please contact me julian@hook-me-up.biz

We tailor sustainable and affordable bandwidth solution and your post is of high interest to me.

I look forward to assisting.

IP Logged

Pages: 1