Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

LAN routers

(Read 14201 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Feb 19th, 2008 at 3:26pm  
Have a KA band system with a VIA_SAT Sm-2000 modem and have always had direct connect to PC but want to add LAN router.

Any suggestions for make and model of LAN router for trouble free install and function?

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2008 at 8:29pm  
Have a look for info about the MIMO Wireless LAN AP Router

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 12:24am  
Quote:
Have a KA band system with a VIA_SAT Sm-2000 modem and have always had direct connect to PC but want to add LAN router.

Any suggestions for make and model of LAN router for trouble free install and function?

Thanks in advance.
If you're not one of the crowd that has to have the latest and greatest (gigabit router) and want to keep it under a hundred bucks, you might find the Belkin N1 suits your needs. It's got Fast Ethernet ports instead of gigabit, but it still considerably faster than anything the SM2000 can throw at it. Mine was so simple to set up, it almost did itself.

That said, it's wireless. If you don't have any wireless hardware, save the bucks and go with a wired router. In that territory, I don't think one's much better than the other, and you should be able to get by for $30-40 bucks

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 6th, 2008 at 8:38pm  
Don't buy a D-Link Di-624;  this router is continuously loosig it connexion with Internet (WAN).  Though, I had no problem on the LAN side.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 7:16am  
AIRLINK101 335 seems to work well, I have sold and installed around 50 of them with no issues...

IP Logged

HelloWorld
★★

Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 5:58pm  
I agree with Greg to install Belkin N1 router, or also 1 can try level1 router, which can be converted as wireless AP.

Regards

IP Logged

Pages: 1