Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

SurfBeam SM2000 Sat. modem via XPLORNET

(Read 12726 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Mar 6th, 2008 at 8:14pm  
Is there some one in this forum that know the existance of a method to get my actual modem status and setup?
How can I communicate with my modem? Is there a software out there that manage those sat. modems?

As for checking the speed of my Internet connexion, I use: https://speedtest-east.anikast.net/
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2018 at 4:12pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2008 at 9:09pm  
[quote author=Ti-Loup link=1204834464/0#0 date=1204834463]Is there some one in this forum that know the existance of a method to get my actual modem status and setup?
How can I communicate with my modem?  Is there a software out there that manage those sat. modems?[/quote]
I'm not sure of the procedure in Canada. But the method down here is to contact an installer. Given your MAC address, they can access your modem data through a special WildBlue web portal. Tell him/her you're concerned about the performance of your connection, and would like a brief explanation of your [b]current[/b] SVT data. I don't know if it's possible, but you could ask if they could take a look at any archived data too. It might be of value for trend analysis.

There is no user interface to speak of, and no aftermarket modem management software. WildBlue doesn't want customers playing in their sandbox.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2008 at 12:26am  
The procedure in Canada is to phone Xplornet tech support and they can check your values. They have been know to email a copy but it is not policy so ask nicely. Even the dealers and installers have to do it this way. There is no dealer accessable information as in the US.
There is no way to access the modem as these functions are purposely not allowed.

IP Logged

Pages: 1