Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

iDirect 3100 Andrews 1.2 meter solutions please

(Read 3930 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

May 7th, 2008 at 11:10pm  
OK, here is the deal:  I have the said iDirect 3100  Andrews 1.2 meter.   I cant use the point antenae box because it doesn't show the bar graph, also as soon as I hit start it says stop pointing to close regardless of where the dish is pointing, secondly I have never achieved more than 8 volts at the modem regardless of  the strength of signal. Anyone have ideas?  I am getting to point where I might just put an axe to this equipment and any internet vendor I run across.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2008 at 6:35pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - May 8th, 2008 at 9:45pm  
I dont know why you think the "Stop pointing to close means you should stop"
all it means is .. "Stop pointing to close."
In other words when you're done, STOP pointing.
why is it you're confused?
As soon as you hit start, wait 10 seconds for the red line to appear then start pointing the dish.
When you're done. hit stop.

You need to follow basic rules of Antenna alignment. They arent fun but turn slowly up and down in the correct direct where you think the satellite may be.

Also. Make 100% sure your polarization is set correctly. If not you could miss the satellite ... This has happened to me numerous times. Polarization is key here.

Enjoy

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #2 - May 9th, 2008 at 6:44pm  
If you get readings that go up into the region of 8 volts it is likely that this is due to the antenna being pointed at satellites (or the sun).  It is possible to peak up on the noise from each satellite in turn, across the sky.

Read here about explanation of satellite dish polarisation

Only when you get to the correct satellite and have the polarisation set correctly will your demodulator lock to the wanted carrier, also assuming you have tuned your modem to the correct frequency and symbol rate (using correct options file ?).  Measurements then go up into the green range above 12 volts (I think ?).

If you can peak up on any satellite note the exact azimuth and elevation once you have found one.  Then the other satellites will be in a curved line across the sky.  Move to the next satellite and so on till you get to the correct one.  

Normally if you have set the polarisation and elevation correctly you will find the satellite on the first bold azimuth swing.  If not, increase/decrease elevation in 1 deg steps and try again.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2008 at 12:25am by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 27th, 2008 at 10:12pm  
Tthanks guys  I'm listening to everything you all are saying ? I understand somewhat how this works  and to clarify it out somemore here is all the facts  when I purchased the system and I attempted to align this MoFO  I was using that IDirect alignment window (the one with the red yellow and green bars )  that window still comes up  but I don't get bars or colors or that annoying horn sound.   I just get the  the Message "STOP POINTING TO CLOSE" to read the voltage I have to go thru telnet. I contacted IDirect myself and they told me it might be a conflict with the LNB of some sort. I just purchased a new LNB just in case the old was crapped  but  I am still getting pretty much the same results   I understand about azmouth and declinations depending on where in the world you are in relation to magnetic north  I understand about elevation above and below the horizon and I understand about polarization + versus negative  and horizontal versus vertical.  Has anyone have any thoughts on why for one the software is not  doing what its supposed to be doing and secondly if it is How do I reset the MODEM completely so I can reload the software? Thanks everyone and have a good day.
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2008 at 11:20pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Pierre
★★

Reply #4 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 8:49pm  
There is a little reset button at the back . press and hold for 15 seconds . What version is the software on your I-Direct modem ?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 10:51pm  
Thanks I'll have to check that ok  I am using iDirect 8-2-1 I believe.

IP Logged

Pages: 1