Pages: 1

Thaicom 5 to Broadcast Your TV Channel to Africa,

(Read 15290 times)
handeil
★★

Thailand
Jun 7th, 2008 at 4:55am  
Hello Everyone,

This is to inform you that Thaicom 5 satellite has now having limited space segment available for African TV channels to be originated from the U.S. If you are interested to reserve it, please let me know immediately before others come before you. You can send me your reply into this forum and I will then send you directly my e-mail. So far, we have one Somaliland  FTA TV channel (Somaliland Space Channel - SLSC) on air right now since March 2008, and in few days, this channel will be encrypted. Also, few days from now, another one will be coming up on the same Thaicom 5 satellite transponder.

On the other hand, two other Somaliland TV channels (Horn Cable TV - HCTV and Universal TV) are in our other Thaicom 5 satellite transponders managed by our partner - RRSat.

Should you have any question, please feel free to send me your message.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Account Manager - International Markets&&CIS Regions, Africa, Middle East, etc
WWW | YIM  
IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2008 at 8:33am  
I can't understand this. Thaicom 5 is at 78.5 east and is not visible for an uplink from the USA. Please provide the uplink coverage beam map and the downlink coverage map (presumably over part of Africa), with uplink G/T contours and downlink EIRP contours. Please give details of the transponder operating point (PFD required) so people know how much power they will need to transmit.

Please say what frequency bands for the USA(?) uplink and Africa downlink.

Please say how much bandwidth is available.

Please say if you are offering an opportunity to insert extra TV channels into an existing multiplex. In this case say where is the existing uplink earth station so a new programme maker knows where they will have to connect in.

Is transponder capacity available for purposes other then TV ?

Is reverse cross-strap transponder capacity available if anyone wants to put up a satellite internet access service ?

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2022 at 12:32pm by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

handeil
★★

Thailand
Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 10:49am  
Yes, you're right, Eric. Thaicom is located at 78.5 East, so, direct uplink from the US to our satellite is impossible.

So, to do make it possible, clients can use our partners' fiber optic networks to carry their contents to our partners' teleports located in Israel and Greece and uplink to Thaicom 5 is done at any of the two locations.

If the clients TV channels are already in other satellites, then our partners can downlink it and turn it around to Thaicom 5, or if our Thailand teleport can receive the same signal directly from any satellite, then we can turnaround the signal from our teleport in Thailand.

We still have around 36 MHz in our Thaicom 5 global beam extended C-Band (Uplink Frequency: 6.425 to 6.725 GHz and Downlink Frequency: 3.4 to 3.7 GHz), but it's now contended by 5 to 6 companies. I don't know who will the lucky one.

Anyway, we offer this capacity mainly for TV channels only.

For those who are interested, please send me your e-mail addresses so that I can give you all the information Eric was asking me.

I want to post it here but, I don't know how. I have my file in PPT format.

Thanks and best regards.

Handeil

« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2008 at 11:39am by Admin1 »  

WWW | YIM  
IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 4:10pm  
Many thanks for the information above.

If you have further information, like a PowerPoint presentation or pdf file you are welcome to send it to me by email attachment to eric@satsig.net and I will put a link to it from your message above. Alternatively if you have the file on your own server somewhere then you can make a pointer link to that file by simply typing the complete url, for example: https://www.example.com/tech-details-directory/tech-document.pdf ; Leave a space before and after the url and make sure you include the https:// at the beginning.

You can insert images also, provided they are on a server somewhere. Use the form:
{img}https://www.example.com/images/dish-image.jpg{/img} ; Use square brackets, not squiggley ones !

More explanatory plain text is very welcome in your forum messages themselves. Just type it all in or do cut and paste (ctrl C and ctrl V) from your own source document in plain text format (e.g. using Notepad). I have set a limit of about 1800 words per message (10000 characters) but can increase this is you want.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2022 at 12:32pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 4:19pm  
Thank You for the information.Quote:
Yes, you're right, Eric. Thaicom is located at 78.5 East, so, direct uplink from the US to our satellite is impossible.

So, to do make it possible, clients can use our partners' fiber optic networks to carry their contents to our partners' teleports located in Israel and Greece and uplink to Thaicom 5 is done at any of the two locations.

If the clients TV channels are already in other satellites, then our partners can downlink it and turn it around to Thaicom 5, or if our Thailand teleport can receive the same signal directly from any satellite, then we can turnaround the signal from our teleport in Thailand.

We still have around 36 MHz in our Thaicom 5 global beam extended C-Band (Uplink Frequency: 6.425 to 6.725 GHz and Downlink Frequency: 3.4 to 3.7 GHz), but it's now contended by 5 to 6 companies. I don't know who will the lucky one.

Anyway, we offer this capacity mainly for TV channels only.

For those who are interested, please send me your e-mail addresses so that I can give you all the information Eric was asking me.

I want to post it here but, I don't know how. I have my file in PPT format.

Thanks and best regards.

Handeil

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #5 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 11:40am  
Added by Forum admin:  The pdf document (1.4 Mbytes) about THAICOM service is now added here:
Thaicom satellite services and products and Telport information

IP Logged

handeil
★★

Thailand
Reply #6 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 3:46am  
Dear Eric,

Thank you very much. I will simply give this link to our potential clients.

Best Regards,

Handeil

WWW | YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 8:23pm  
Hi Dears

I am very Interested thaicom 5 satellite for african tv channels if still available , I live in UK but I want to broadcast in somalia and out somalia so could you please advice.

best regards

Awdal State of somalia

my email address is samaron_hassan@hotmail.co.uk
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2022 at 12:33pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #8 - Dec 14th, 2022 at 1:24pm  
Here some general advice about for someone wanting to set up a single new TV channel:

Find successful existing TV service multiplex in the area of interest.

Look at www.lyngsat.com
If Africa, try: https://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/Africa.html

In Lyngsat, at the top of the multiplex data, the name of the uplink manager/organiser may be shown, for example "Mediavision". In this case contact "Mediavision" as they will be able to assist you getting your TV channel added.

What satellite TV dishes do people have in your area of interest?. What satellite are they pointed at ?

Ideally you want a satellite with a high power downlink beam aimed at your area of interest. You want to find a TV multiplex that is already carrying multiple TV and sound and has thousands of viewers/listeners in your area of interest.  Find out if there is spare bit rate capacity in the existing multiplex.  Then find out if you could add your channel to the existing multiplex.

Unless your service is exceptionally attractive you will not get new viewers installing a dish just for your channel if it is on a different satellite.

Having found a promising multiplex, find out where is comes from (uplink). This is likely to be a significant teleport which could be located anywhere with visibility of the satellite uplink beam. Talk to the teleport operators.  How to the other TV companies get their program material to the teleport ?

Talk to the satellite owners. They may well have their own teleports with uplink facilities available. There may be some satellites with on-board multiplexers. I am not sure. Ask. This could be helpful if you want your own teleport with single channel uplink.
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2022 at 10:05am by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

Pages: 1