Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

HX 50 Install in Afghanistan

(Read 46321 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Jun 11th, 2008 at 8:36pm  
OK, I spent close to 10 hours trying to find a signal today with no avail.

I have a horizon meter that peaks at 82% signal but does not lock into the satellite.
I called Bentley Walker Tech Support and they have given me an azimuth of 205
elevation of 47 and
Polarization of 23

I have used a compass and dagger to get the azimuth and played with the elevation all day, bot presetting the elevation and then doing major ajustments left and right and then vice versa with no luck.

I set the Horizon meter to find the AM22 AFG satellite from the preconfigured selections in the menu.

Has anyone else installed in Afghanistan and if so what was your elevation and azimuth adjustments?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I can send you pictures of my setup if it will help.

Thank You

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 11:02pm  
Please email images of your dish to me at eric@satsig.net and I will put them here in this message.

An image directly from the side will enable me to measure you actual elevation angle.

A front view image will help assess the polarisation you have set.   

A rear view will show the polarisation scale setting.

A close up of the feed throat and LNB from above will show the 505, single tick mark on the flange and the LNB orientation.

Please say what nominal name polarisation you have been told to receive ?

Have you a configuration sheet giving the frequency and symbol rate etc and have you entered these into the modem ?

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 6:27pm  
Here is an image below which I hope helps clarify how the feed may be assembled.  The image below, as shown, illustrates co-pol, horizontal polarisation operation.

The next image, below, shows the beam elevation angle set to 48 deg.  The metal plate behind the dish is at right angles to the beam direction.
You can make your own inclinometer like this by printing out page https://www.satsig.net/pointing/how-to-make-inclinometer.htm
wxw

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2008 at 10:54pm by Eric Johnston »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 6:50pm  
Eric

Thank you so much, I believe you were on the phone with Bentley walker when I called. The changes you suggested work. I know have a 92% signal strenth on the Modem even tough my Horizon Meter was useless it never locked on to the satellite.

Now that I have done that what else do I need to do now to get out to the internet?  I see that the modem is commissioned.

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #4 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 8:45pm  
Once your modem has been commissioned its IP address will change to the operational configuration and you will need to reconnect your ethernet cable. I am assuming your have your PC set to look for IP address, subnet and DNS automatically.

Go to the web site in the HX modem by entering into your browser address bar: https:// 10.137.2.xxx (Your actual modem LAN1 gateway IP address will be in your documentation. There is no space between the https:// and the 10.xxx.xxx.xxx )

The system status should look like this below:

Go to the System Info screen and print out the details. Ignore any text about polarisation.

If all the above looks normal, you should be able to access the internet. You may connect multiple PCs using a LAN hub or router.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2021 at 1:13pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1