Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

DW7700 TX code 17

(Read 4616 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Jul 3rd, 2008 at 12:43pm  
Can anybody tell me how to get rid of TX code 17 in dw7700? what can be the reasons for this to appear

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 2:23pm  
It indicates a ranging issue, suggesting that your transmit signal - as received by the NOC - is too weak to process.
Have you tried force ranging?
Has your received signal strength decreased for no apparent reason?
Have your ACP (re)validation numbers decreased for no apparent reason?
What is your transmission error percentage?
Does the DW7700 power adapter feel warmer than usual?

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

wafanet
★★★

Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 3:41pm  
just to add lil bit more

Possible causes are:

* The transmitter could not achieve enough power to transmit. This is likely caused by an installation problem where the antenna is not accurately pointed or it maybe a transmitter power problem. Check the power supply and make sure that it is Part # xxxxxxx [ whatever is official part number ]

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 10:16am  
Thanks a lot Greg and Wafanet for your quick replies. i’m sorry i couldn’t access the internet before so didn’t reply.
I’m an engineer and handle the down calls ( but not an experienced one, only 2 months in VSAT field).
As for Greg’s questions-
Has your received signal strength decreased for no apparent reason?

When i reached the site, The signal strength was 77 while it is greater than 90 when site is working fine. I noticed there that  the metal ‘Clamp’ (which is of U shape and is used to support the Feed Horn.
It sits just below the Feed horn.) was missing ( perhaps the installer didn’t even placed it). Clamp was not available that time so I put a wooden piece in place of that for the time being. After some pointing (aligning the antenna) the signal strength increased to 86 but the Tx Code was still 17.

Have you tried force ranging?

After this i tried force ranging ( by telnet option ‘d’ in installation menu). but still the Tx code was 17.
Then I cleared the parameters and re entered the parameters with correct longitude. (the longitude entered previously was slightly wrong).
After this the Tx code came to 8.
But still the problem is that Transmit power is 76 while as per norms i have to make it at least 90.
I hope after i put the proper clamp in position, the problem gets solved.
Still i have few questions, hope Greg will help me with his immense knowledge...
1. I couldn’t understand the following , plz explain
Have your ACP (re)validation numbers decreased for no apparent reason?

2.if the power adapter feels warmer, what does that indicate?
3. if i don’t get the desired transmit power level even after placing the Clamp in its place, what else should i try? my friends suggest that i should disassemble the antenna and then reassemble it...

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #4 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 12:54pm  
1. ACP = Automatic Cross Poll. The numbers will be reflected in the user interface under Transmitter/ACP Statistics as ACP validation and ACP revalidation. It appears that you may be calling it "transmit power".  Unexplained changes in those numbers are a symptom one looks for while troubleshooting transmitter-related issues (often a pointing issue)
2. If the power adapter feels hot (warm is normal) it could be failing. In this case it could be capable of producing enough voltage/current to adequately power the transmitter.
3.You might want to consider finding some new friends. But let's not cross that bridge until we learn what happens when you replace the missing part. It may resolve what could be a simple alignment (pointing) issue

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 3:26pm  
Thanks for your replies Greg.
I replaced the missing part and re pointed the antenna and the problem was solved.

IP Logged

Pages: 1