Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Internet Configuration on iDirect 15015 Hub Side

(Read 6821 times)
jawadg
★★

Sep 8th, 2008 at 8:01am  
Dear TDMAMike

I want guide line regarding subjected matter,i wounder, visited many times https://www.idirect.net/ , but unable to find internet configuration/procedure in 15015 Infinite Hub.

Regards,
Jawad

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 11:45am  
Recently purchased? If so, you should have a minimum of one year of support from the TAC.  Which means you should have access to the 15015 Hub manuals on the TAC website (you will need a log-on to get to them).  Recommend you call iDirect and see about your logon.

IP Logged

jawadg
★★

Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2008 at 9:12am  
TDMAMike

I didn't have access to the TAC site. I want to know procedure for internet configuration on iDirect 15015 Series Infinite Satellite Hub. Pls. help and guide me.

Regards,
Jawad

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2008 at 12:13pm  
I cannot legally provide those documents/manuals to you.  You are probably going to have to search around on the internet for an iBuilder or iMonitor guide.  Normally when you purchase a HUB from iDirect you get one year of iSupport which includes a TAC logon.  Is this hub recently purchased?

IP Logged

jawadg
★★

Reply #4 - Sep 15th, 2008 at 12:33pm  
Dear TDMAMike

We have newly purchased 15015 hub, but some complicaitons are involved that i couln't explain here, i am much much interested to run internet on our hub, being responsible person of my company i promise you to i didn't misuse that documents that you could provide. Pls. help me in this matter.

Regards,
Jawad

IP Logged

jawadg
★★

Reply #5 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 11:43am  
TDMAMike

I have access to TAC login/password but there is no document found regarding internet configuration on hub side. Pls. help me in this regard.

Thanks
Jawad Malik

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 11:48am  
Unsure just what you are asking. What do you mean by internet config? Dependent on your setup, cisco wise there is an upstream router, and two switches there (2950s if you are using what they normally ship)  

Your LAN segment connects to the FE of the upstream router.  What exactly are you wanting to configure?
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2008 at 3:47pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

dot
★★★

Reply #7 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 2:29pm  
If your hub was installed by iDirect or one of their partners this configuration would have been done at that time. What do you need help with?

IP Logged

jawadg
★★

Reply #8 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 8:15am  
TDMAMike

Actually, I have made end to end VLAN Tag b/w PP and remote, further steps are missing, actually i want to know routing,vlan any other configurations on router/switch or pp needed ???? If so , can you put me an example, case study with ips.

Regards,
Jawad

IP Logged

TickTalk
★★

Reply #9 - Aug 5th, 2009 at 12:26am  
Hey guys, I know this is an old post; but one of my customers went really cheap and purchased antennas that can not auto track.  now alot of them will come up within a short period daily (start of the buisness day) and every now and then my terminals will get a fast burst of SCPC errors (45k+) and fall out of the net.  then about 3-7 minutes later they would come back up.  there would be 2 brief outages about 10-40 minutes apart and then a few hours later another 2, and so on.

Well like I said earlier, some of the remotes are cheap and do not have auto track, only auto pointing.  So if the terminal comes up on the satellite when the satellite is not in the "center of the box" the antenna does not understand that the satellite is moving and loses receive and has problems with the doppler effect of it moving because of the location the antenna is pointing.

If you see this problem, tell your users to buy an auto track antenna instead of an auto pointing antenna.  If you need any advise or clarification I'll be starting a buisness soon, until then you can e-mail me at facebook@karma-bonechewer.com (it's my auto-forwarded address from my site)
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2009 at 8:54am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #10 - Aug 5th, 2009 at 11:15am  
I'm not sure quite what you mean by auto-pointing antenna.  Maybe one that finds the satellite and peaks up at the initial installation.  After that the VSAT remains fixed pointing.  Such antennas might be able to re-peak themselves by manual intervention.

VSATs do not need auto-tracking unless they are operating to inclined orbit satellites.

If your remote sites are mobile, the antennas need to have real-time auto-tracking to respond to rapid angular changes due to vehicle or boat movement.  Such antennas typically have a mechanically spinning, monopulse, or electronic beam squint feed that provides real time pointing error information to the tracking controller which then drives the motors in a "tracking servo control loop".

If your site is a very large teleport size antenna or you are working with inclined orbit satellites then you need auto-track, but in this case slow periodic step track is sufficient.   The time interval between peaking up may vary, typically several minutes.   Over a day or so, the tracking computer learns the orbit and then peaks up the dish only when needed, which saves wear on the motors and gear boxes.   If a large teleport tracking system goes wrong it may lose the satellite from time to time or peak up on a sidelobe.   In dire fault cases the operators may have to manually repeak the antenna every 15 min or so, or as and when the signal drops too far.

"If you see this problem", I would suggest you investigate the real cause of the problem rather than suggesting people change from auto-pointing to autotracking hardware.  Autotracking is expensive and only necessary for very large teleport dishes, mobile VSATs and VSATs operating to inclined orbit satellites.    Investigate properly first and find the real cause.  The problem might simply be periodic interference!

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2009 at 9:19am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Aug 5th, 2009 at 12:10pm  
Ticktalk,

Is your problem aperture size on the remote end or on the Hub side?  VSATs are going to range from .77 to 2.4M apertures and do not require tracking equipment (i.e. a beacon monitor, tracking internals, etc).  I am trying to gain some clarity into your statement.  I think your problem is on the Hub side.  If you are using a larger reflector on the Hub size (say 4M or larger) then you certainly need a system capable of tracking.  I am pretty sure that everyone is aware of that requirement because the beam is much tighter on a larger aperture. 

I am quite familiar with auto pointers.  Most peak on RX SNR or utilize Reference Satellites to determine the location of the data craft.  Where your run into problems is if you are using a craft that is inclined or your hub antenna is not tracking.  Your SNRs will literally be all over the place (a moving target). That is certainly not within RF/Satellite Communications "best practices."

IP Logged

peve
★★

Reply #12 - Aug 5th, 2009 at 7:46pm  
Quote:
If you see this problem, tell your users to buy an auto track antenna instead of an auto pointing antenna.  If you need any advise or clarification I'll be starting a buisness soon, until then you can e-mail me at facebook@karma-bonechewer.com (it's my auto-forwarded address from my site)

Not sure what you are planning to sell but I have run a fleet of auto-pointers and static dishes for remote users and have never run into the problems you describe.  I am somewhat cynical about the motives for this post.

PV

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Aug 5th, 2009 at 10:22pm  
I will echo that.  I think his tracking challenges are on the hub side antenna. Most VSATs are auto point, not auto track.

IP Logged

Pages: 1