Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

FLL DAC errors

(Read 18319 times)
LAKHDARIAHUB
★★

Sep 24th, 2008 at 10:08am  
want to say what "FLL DAC errors" on a HLC and how  remedy this alarm.
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2008 at 1:56pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 12:09pm  
Didnt have time to read the link, but in a nutshell that error is normally indicative of quick temp changes or moisture buildup at the LNB or on the remote itself.  I would consider having the "suspect node" exhibiting the errors swap their LNB if they have a spare. If that doesnt fix it, you will need to look at the modem.

IP Logged

LAKHDARIAHUB
★★

Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 12:10pm  
Thank you eric,
but in my case, the problem is in HLC
the exact discription of the alarm:
HLC 13 85 M1D1 40324 5807492 Hub Modem IS-904-C-BAND IOR 24/09/2008 10:21:15 FLL DAC ERRORS Warning FllDacErrors 3592 high above limit (3584)

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #3 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 12:39pm  
If you are an iDirect hub contact iDirect tech support for advice.

If a hub burst receiver is generating errors, swap with another burst receiver and see if the problem is the burst receiver itself.  If not, maybe one of your remotes is sending bad bursts or maybe it is bursts of interference from somewhere.  Check out each site on the return link and if each is OK look for interference bursts from cross-pol or adjacent channel.  Maybe some remote has its BUC faulty or overdriven.

Use a spectrum analyer in max hold mode and keep clicking clear till you capture the bad event.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 25th, 2008 at 2:21am  
Quote:
Thank you eric,
but in my case, the problem is in HLC
the exact discription of the alarm:
HLC 13 85 M1D1 40324 5807492 Hub Modem IS-904-C-BAND IOR 24/09/2008 10:21:15 FLL DAC ERRORS Warning FllDacErrors 3592 high above limit (3584)
Questions:

1. What iDS version?
2. How many Rx line cards are in the IF Group supporting your IS904 space segment?  Are there several line cards or just one?  How many Tx?  Rx?
3.  Is this the line card(s) exhibiting the errors a Tx/Rx line card?  If so, what is the information rate of the downstream (tx) and upstream carriers (rx)?
4. Is this a new network?  Or has it been functional for some time and is now exhibiting the problems?
5.  How are your RCMs getting timing?  Internal or external source?  (need you to physically look at them).

IP Logged

LAKHDARIAHUB
★★

Reply #5 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 3:01pm  
Quote:
Questions:

1. What iDS version?
2. How many Rx line cards are in the IF Group supporting your IS904 space segment?  Are there several line cards or just one?  How many Tx?  Rx?
3.  Is this the line card(s) exhibiting the errors a Tx/Rx line card?  If so, what is the information rate of the downstream (tx) and upstream carriers (rx)?
4. Is this a new network?  Or has it been functional for some time and is now exhibiting the problems?
5.  How are your ?  Internal or external source?  (need you to physically look at them).

dear sir
- iDS version : 7.0.5
- How many Rx line cards are in the IF Group : this card is used as a SOLO (RX/TX).
- Dow/Up information rate : 256Kbps/256Kbps.
this network is old it's started in March/2006.
-  RCMs getting timing from external source.
thank you

IP Logged

husker
★★

Reply #6 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 3:25pm  
We had an issue with this error.

We had two different fixes for two different cards:

The first fix was a calibration file that was loaded into the card that you can get from iDirect. If I remember right, use your TAC log in and you should be able to get the info from there.

The second fix was to swap the card out for RMA. We tried the calibration file first but it didn't work. So, we had to send it in.

From my research, the FLLDAC error was relating the local oscillator on the card and the 10mHz Ref. If I am wrong correct me.

V/R

IP Logged

Scout
★★★

Reply #7 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 1:29pm  
Husker is correct FLL DAC on a line card is an indication of the on board Osc either being incorrectly calibrated, or the Osc has faded over time.  if the line card is older and not under warranty it is worth trying to get the calibration file. 
the other possible cause is the RCM failing or not in the chassis.  but this would be present on more than a single line card.  I suggest if the LC shows these errors you RMA it and let iDirect sort it out.

IP Logged

mrninni
★★

Reply #8 - Jun 9th, 2011 at 11:40am  
Hi all,

I had one forward Downstream carrier and one return Downstream carrier.
This morning i performed an Upstream carrier upgrade, from 1.4 MHz to 2.9 MHz.
After the changes all satmodems joined in the network, but the XLC-11 (TX and RX) shows the following errors:
- FllDacErrors x above limit
- Hub modem traffic CRC above high limit
What could be the cause of these errors?

I'm using iDX 2.0.0.3

Thanks

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #9 - Jun 9th, 2011 at 6:55pm  
I am not expert on iDirect but have the following suggestions:

Check that the configured transmit frequency for the remote sites and the configured receive frequency for the hub have been typed in exactly the same.

Referring to the earlier messages above it would appear worthwhile checking the accuracy of your 10 MHz reference and also the reference oscillator in the line card, for which there may be a calibration table. Reference oscillators should be powered on for several hours to allow them to temperature stabilise, before measurements and possible adjustment.

The actual receive frequency of your line card may gradually change during the day to match doppler shift of the satellite, satellite LO and your hub LNB LO, etc.

The transmit frequency of the remotes may be controlled by the symbol rate of your outlink carrier.

Hopefully someone with experience of iDirect will add their comments.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Saif Musa
★★

Reply #10 - Jun 9th, 2011 at 7:57pm  
Alarm status (high or low). means The remote's or linecard's internal oscillator is out-of-calibration. Contact iDirect's TAC; the unit may require an RMA.

saif.musa@ymail.com&&it.vsat@oil.gov.iq&&system engineer

IP Logged

Pages: 1