Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Question about routers

(Read 2946 times)
chief24
★★

Oct 1st, 2008 at 4:35pm  
Is it possible that the my modem is overloaded or conflict with my router.  I am still having the problem of internet not staying connected.  If I am the only one, or there are two of us connected to the modem it works fine.  If i plug in the router then the internet will kick reset itself every 6 mins.

MAtt

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 7:17pm  
What makes you think it's the modem? I'd be more inclined to suspect it's the router that's resetting every 6 minutes. But there's no way to proceed unless we are informed of your configuration. Pretty sure I remember you have a HX50 rig, but don't know what kind of router. Also, is the modem connected to the router via the WAN port or a LAN port?

Or is this the same modem that's giving you the "vx works error and a sys adbus" error. If so, I'm surprised you haven't talked the provider into replacing it by now...

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

chief24
★★

Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 7:25pm  
this is still going off the same problem as before with the vx works and sysad bus error.  its a netgear router.  i think our modem is bad.

IP Logged

outbreak
★★

Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 6:49am  
Did you get that router at the BX here?  We have one and it's the biggest piece of junk router I have ever used. 

I would think that it's your router that's the problem, and not the modem.  You might want to try that haji shop close to you at the darkside.  I think they have different routers.

IP Logged

dimych
★★

Reply #4 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 7:37pm  
Look for a Linksys router of sorts, even ones with wireless will work.  Wireless part can be easily disabled, and they do the job for smaller setups.

If you have some money on the side and can befriend a COMM guy/gal with Cisco experience, you can buy a certified used Cisco 2600 router, which is somewhat a pain to set up, but it will work like a charm (especially if you have close to 50 people on that network)

IP Logged

Pages: 1