Satellite Internet

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. If you are showing as 'Guest', please register at the bottom of this home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. May 2018: GDPR: Updates to Privacy and Cookies policies: As you may know, a new EU data protection law called GDPR will apply from Friday 25th May 2018. As part of satsig's commitment to protecting the privacy of site visitors and forum members, I have therefore updated the Privacy and Cookie policies. There are now links leading to these policies: Disclaimer, Terms of Use and Privacy, Forum User Agreement, Forum Rules and Cookies at the bottom of the home page and all forum pages. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          
Pages: 1

installing? Wild Blue

(Read 8286 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Oct 23rd, 2008 at 2:41am  
Got a question.  Over a month ago we graduated from dialup to wildblue(so far we love it).  I am a "hands on" kind of guy and followed the installer around and helped him whenever I could.  He told me how much per install he made and he worked for wildblue, and there weren't enough installers.  I observed that he didn't do anything that I couldn't do and that I would like to be able to do installations.  Since then, I have taken and passed the wildblue online course.  I have not yet signed up for the hands on training.  I have come to realize, that this is going to be a sizable committment on my part($130 training,a laptop, one day and 200 miles, enough stuff to equip a truck,etc.), and so far, I don't even know where installation jobs are going to come from.  As near as I can tell,  I would have to become a dealer, or become an employee of a dealer.  Am I right, or am I missing something somewhere?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 9:02pm  
It's not necessary to set yourself up as a dealer, you don't even need a storefront. Assuming you got a certified installer ID number from WB, you can get jobs from the big equipment distributors like DSI, RS&I, and the like. Another option is to get work from a WB reseller like DirecTV, WalMart, etc. It all pretty much hinges upon where you live - where you want to work - if you're willing to relocate - and so on.

For firm leads, I'd expect you could use your ID to log onto the Wildblue installer portal and ask how to get work.

//greg//

IP Logged

Pages: 1