Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

idirect modem issue

(Read 4984 times)
chrismckitt
★★

Oct 28th, 2008 at 10:44pm  
my provider told me i needed to upgrade to version 8.2.2.0 which I did. While I was downloading my opt file my provider logged into the modem I think and I lost my connection to the modem . Now the power light and status light come on for a bit then all the lights flash and it keeps doing that over and over. the modem doesnt show up in isite. what should i do to fix this?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 11:09pm  
Can you get to a prompt (#) from the console port?
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2008 at 10:43am by N/A »  

IP Logged

chrismckitt
★★

Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 12:29pm  
How can I connect the modem to my laptop if I don't have an rj45 cable with a serial connector? I have a rj45 with an usb end will that work? Also I have vista which doesn't have hyperlink, how do I establish a console connection without it?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 2:08pm  
You can download hyperterminal private edition for Vista

IP Logged

chrismckitt
★★

Reply #4 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 2:50pm  
I connected through hyperlink and I keep getting:
** Error: Illegal command: "RedBoot>"
RedBoot>

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

chrismckitt
★★

Reply #5 - Oct 30th, 2008 at 10:17am  
I have recovered the modem, but mi isp wants me to upgrade to 8.2.2.0 everytime I try to upgrade the modem messes up again. Rebooting constantly. What is going on?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 30th, 2008 at 10:53am  
It is rebooting because there is something wrong with falcon (read: your options file). You may want to have your ISP take a look at it.  

You modem will reboot when FALCON_MONITOR detects a problem within the falcon process (which uses the opt to config your box) .  Once it detects a problem, it reboots the box in an effort to fix it.

My guess is something is either corrupt in the opt they gave you, or they (quite possibly) gave you a HUB-Side options file by accident.  It happens more often than people think....it happens when a Hub operator accidentally retrieves the HUB side config and sends it to the user....by accident.  

Can you cut and paste the first few blocks of your options file (ensure you xxx out any visible IPs)?  

Are you using iSite to upgrade your software?  If so, what version of iSite?  You installed the BSP, then image, followed by the options file correct?

IP Logged

Pages: 1