Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Connecting through a LAN

(Read 2669 times)
Sean_Williams
★★

Oct 29th, 2008 at 2:32am  
I have a (wifi) router: D-LINK DIR-655.
Of course, I don't have the ADSL link used, but I should still be able to use the router as a normal basic LAN hub.

Tooway is working fine when connected directly to the PC, but if I connect the PC and the Tooway modem via the router (hub), I cannot access the internet.

The LAN  light on the Tooway modem flashes away merrily.

I'm assuming it's just a matter of setting IP addresses or something, but nothing I've tried seems to work.
Does anyone have any idea what I need to do by way of configuration of the router / PC.

Cheers
Sean

IP Logged

Scott_Macdonald
★★

Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 8:57am  
Not sure what you mean when you say you dont use the ADSL link. You should plug the tooway modem into the internet port (maybe this is labelled ADSL link in the case of this router). The LAN LED on the modem will iluminate and also the internet LED on the router (if it has one). You shouldn't have to change any IP settings.
Incidentally the LAN LED on the modem may flicker periodically even though you are not using the network. It does in my case; I guess it is just periodic handshaking between the modem and router.

Good luck!
Scott Macdonald

Cortijo la Mata&&Rural holiday accomodation Granada Spain&&www.cortijolamata.com
IP Logged

Sean_Williams
★★

Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 10:56am  
Aha is that so?
I avoided doing that on purpose!

I'll give it a whirl this eve.

Thanks Scott
Sean

IP Logged

Pages: 1