Home page of Satellite Internet and Information

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite Internet Forum : Home Page          
Pages: 1

iDirect 3000 connectivity

(Read 1376 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Nov 3rd, 2008 at 7:39am  
Hello
i had small problem two month ago i had problem with pointing my dish to 68.5 Deg E but i manage to solve it but few days later  i began to lose connectivity so i had to do it again but i had to do it properly because i do it last time in rush and my service provider told me to get between 16-17 V and iam able to get 16v .and every thing seem fine . but when i connect my network to internet i found that the internet is very slow so i make several speed test and  the result was very strange some time i got about 200kbps and some times get only 90kbps. so i know definety there some thing wrong so i fire up my isite and found that my Downstream SNR is varies from -10.5 to -11.8 dB and tx power is about -16dBm . and i think i read some where that two variable  had close relationship with the internet connectivity so ineed some help on this since iam completly new to this.
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2008 at 8:42am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 11:41am  
Your downstream SNR is fine.  It is right where it needs to be.  10.5-11.0 is very good.

IP Logged

Pages: 1