Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Frequency

(Read 4415 times)
HelloWorld
★★

Nov 29th, 2008 at 10:13am  
Can some help me, to know the digital carrier frequency of NSS7 for Ku-Band.

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2008 at 11:10am  
NSS-7 satellite, at orbit position 338 East / 22 West,  has three Ku band beams pointed at North, West and Southern Africa. See the composite beam coverage map below:
Each of these beams has many carriers, all operating on particular frequencies, in the Ku band downlink frequency ranges of 10.95 to 11.20 GHz, 11.45 to 11.70 GHz and 12.5 to 12.75 GHz

You need to contact your service provider to get details of the carrier frequency of whatever particular carrier they are using to provide you with service.  As a minimum, you will need to know the polarisation name, carrier frequency and symbol rate.  You need to configure this into your modem along with IP addresses etc given to you by your service provider.  You will need an LNB with a suitable local oscillator frequency so that the LNB output frequency into the cable falls within the L band tuning range of your satellite modem.

The beam that covers Europe/Middle East/North Africa is visible from here in the UK so I can see the satellite spectrum using the dish on my roof.  The Horizontal polarisation downlink spectrum, with many carriers, from 10.95 to 11.7 GHz, looks like this...  

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2008 at 12:20pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

HelloWorld
★★

Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2008 at 10:49am  
Thnaks Eric, I am working on West Africa beam. info help me a lot.

KR, Rajiv

IP Logged

Space
★★★

Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2008 at 7:35pm  
11111.0 Mhz  west africa beam

We have  VNO for west Africa  ok KU  can i offer you our services 

Get us on Signal@space.co.ke

WWW | YIM  
IP Logged

Pages: 1