Home page of Satellite Internet and Information

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite Internet Forum : Home Page          
Pages: 1

5300 continues reboot

(Read 2069 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Dec 4th, 2008 at 9:23am  
I have a 5300 satellite router, am facing a problem with it. It keeps on rebooting, i observed this on console port. I cannot ping or telnet to it.i can reach redboot from console.

is there a way to recover it, the version is 8.2.2, I have a option file for it.

help me out

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 11:36am  
http://www.satsig.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=idirect;action=display;num=1221...

Please read the above thread.

Bottomline: You need to cut and paste your 8.2.2 opt into it on console.  Before you get started, you will want to stop falcon by issuing the following command on console:

service idirect_falcon stop
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2008 at 12:18pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 10:01am  
Dear Mike

I could recover the IDU successfully, I had to load linux from Redboot before executing the steps listed.

Thanks

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 1:21am  
Glad to hear it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1