Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Websites Slow in Loading

(Read 2849 times)
SEA_CADET
★★

Dec 22nd, 2008 at 6:17pm  
Hello, I am a NOC technician at an iDirect Hub. We have multiple instances of customers complaining about www.foxnews.com and www.washingtonpost.com. They claim it loads extremely slow. Well we tested it here with one of our small 1.2m and a 3100. And they weren't kidding it takes nearly 10min for each of those sites to load. The modem I tested was unfiltered, and the router here at the hub has nothing needed for those sites filtered. The only idea we can come up with is the iDirect equipment, however iDirect TAC says they have never heard of a problem like that.  Anyone have any ideas, and for reference all three satellites we use do the same thing, the link is fine, and so are the modems, the QoS is set right now to 512x128. Every other site loads just fine, we have also used multiple PC's here to rule out a computer issue.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 9:40pm  
Have you placed a PC (laptop) on the GW subnet (basically bypassing the satellite network) to ensure the problem is on not on the GW side? 

What is browsing like on sites other than the two named?  Do they load fast? 

Talk to me about tcp enhancement.  Do you use a flavor of external acceleration?  Or do you use the acceleration in the iDS?

IP Logged

SEA_CADET
★★

Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 9:52pm  
Yes we had tried it on our terrestrial network. I believe I have located the problem. It looks like js.resvci.net (an ad company url) would get stuck loading. This was on both websites. Mozilla has and add on for an ad-blocker (not pop up blocker) i added this to the block list now they load just fine. Looks like its running fine now, very strange apparently iDirect and this URL don't get along. I wonder if the high latency was causing a problem.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 10:08pm  
Funny you mention that.  I frequent FOX as well and the other day I was complaining (to myself) how long it takes to load those ads on the right margin to load.  It seems to be a bit excessive (of a wait) with Fox. 

Glad to hear you possibly have it licked.  Hopefully your users will be warm to using Moz FF.

IP Logged

SEA_CADET
★★

Reply #4 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 10:21pm  
Im sure there is an ad-blocker for IE

IP Logged

Pages: 1